S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

Constellation

Re: S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

Asteroid

What phone number did you call? 

Asteroid

I am in the same situation did you ever get this issue resolved? I sent in a phone with perfect condition but they claim housing issue and charging me $275

Constellation

I used Privacy to purchase my phone.  Samsung can't backcharge due to my preset purchase limit.

Privacy lets you generate smart, virtual debit cards to use online! Check it out. https://privacy.com/join/M7F9A

I sent in a S7 Edge no issues.   Just got the 275.00 backcharge email.

Constellation

They hit me this morning.  I traded in my wife's pristine S7 Edge for an S9 as a gift to her.  Samsung E-mailed me this morning saying they would be charging my card $275 because the display is "damaged or non functioning"  Total BS.  The phone was in pristine condition, always in a case with a screen protector.  I sent it back in it's original box with padding inside a larger box.  I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with a Samsung rep.  He told me that he will put the chargeback on hold while his team reviews the case.  I should know something in 2-3 business days.  We shall see. 

Samsung just lost a loyal, long time customer regardless of how this turns out.

Constellation

I know it makes no sense. I called and ask for picturess they said there is none and there is nothing they can do. They told me to read the terms and conditions

Cosmic Ray

Mine's been in dispute since the end of January 

Asteroid

but if they can't backcharge what if samsung blocks the phone or sends your info to collection agency. Couldn't this happen?

Asteroid

any update? and did the ycharge you
Asteroid

Did this eventually get resolved?