S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

Asteroid

Re: S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

I got the same issue. Housing damage. Did you eventaully get this resolved?

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Has anybody had a positive outcome after disputing Samsung's decision. I too sent in two near perfect S7s when we got our S9s. I have been given the typical run around escalation to customer concerns. They have put a hold on the charge back but this is ridiculous. Like a previous poster, I packed my phones in their original boxes and then packed those in a bigger box. The picture they sent me as proof of a non working phone is just a white screen that doesn't even show the whole phone. Cant make out whether it's a phone or a piece of paper.

They don't tell you to take pictures or ask for any sort of documentation. How do I know the phones they are associating to my purchase are even the phones that I sent. This may be an expensive lesson on my part to be diligent under the assumption that samsung is set to screw over its customers.

Was a long time die hard samsung fan but after all the issues I have been facing I think I might need to find new phones, electronics and appliances.

Cosmic Ray

My credit card company perminantly credited my account with the $375 DRI samsung tried to steal. So, while I had a possative outcome, it wasn't thanks to Samsung. It was Chase that sided with me. I have not heard anything from samsung.

Constellation

any update
Constellation

[ Edited ]

samsung...  I trade-in like new my S7 edge for S9+ and received an email with "Device’s display is damaged or not functioning".  In the pictures, it is posted AT&T carrier which is not what I am with, someone IMEI #, gold color (silver), broken screen.  I have raised the dispute and almost curse the rep while I was on the phone.  They keep saying it will takes 14 to resolve.  Now, I am ready to return S9+ since I am still under 14 days of trial after I google around and see any one has similar situation.. wow.. it's a HUGE SCAM.....  The odd things is the system remove the request return button for label on the web site.   I have to call and request to send the return label.  The remain huge question for me now is how I can prevent and guarantee the phone I send back is what they will receive.  Any suggestion? 

I also file to Texas general attorney consumer complaints .. let's see where it goes... 

Cosmic Ray

They won't send back your old phone. It's in the terms. You will only get back the balance you paid for the S9. I got my credit card company to do a permanent charge back. Samsung just sent me an email stating they've are still working on the dispute I filed. That's been in place since January 25th. So, good luck.,but a positive outcome for you is unlikely unless you paid via credit card like I did and can get your money back through them. 

Constellation

happens to me the same, called Samsung they give me a ticket number that was 3 weeks ago and anything changed nevef received any email or nothing. I bought a s9+ trade in a iPhone 6s for $150 that they already charged its back to my Samsung credit account. 

Asteroid

Also scammed by Samsung..they stile $375 from me ..my S7 edge phone was in mint condition..they said it had a cracked screen and didnt function.totally bs..they took a month to review and came back with normal wear tear and said I would get my money back in 10 days.

And it didnt happen..called back and they said there was housing damage...more bs... i cant believe they are doing this..never again Samsung anything

Asteroid

Also scammed by Samsung..they stole $375 from me ..my S7 edge phone was in mint condition..they said it had a cracked screen and didnt function.totally bs..they took a month to review and came back with normal wear tear and said I would get my money back in 10 days.

And it didnt happen..called back and they said there was housing damage...more bs... i cant believe they are doing this..never again Samsung anything

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Yea it's all bull.. scam I traded in my galaxy 7 edge never even breathed on it in a case the second I got it and they said that screen didn't turn on..get outta here...and I gotta pay tmobile what I still owed on phone and these samsung maggots want me to pay $225 extra..I shouldn't pay em nothin.. then they mess your credit up...no one helped me... samsung class action would be good I'm with it...