S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

Constellation

Re: S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

[ Edited ]

I just got billed $225! We traded in an S7 for the Note 8 .. We selected cracked screen for $100 less of a trade in value. The reason they said they billed us was for Cracked screen and wouldn't power on.

Complete BS as I had pictures of day of shipping with the unit on and I had done factory reset. But the fact they said cracked screen was one of the reasons shows they just say any reason whenever they feel like. They didn't realize I had selected cracked screen for the trade in so they just thought they could get me on the cracked screen. But when I showed them proof that the trade in offer had a Cracked Screen option, they didn't know what to do! They said the warehouse's decision is final and there was no way to refund me!?! Also I asked for the number to the warehouse and they told me they didn't know which one since there were several. Well on my shipping label I knew exactly which one, also you think they dont track their devices?

NOTE: I sent my phone in and it was received on Feb 28, 2018. It took them 4 months to test the phone and tell me their lies, as they emailed me on 6/20/2018? They know there is usually only a 3 month retention of phone records online, however I was able to contact T-mobile and get documentation showing my EMI was active the day of shipping and that phone and texting was used on the phone that we traded in.

I specifically selected "cracked screen" as the trade in offered and it's on my shows on my invoice (which they were sent a picture of). I showed them pics and everything and their answer to me was, there is NO ONE they could transfer me to, and NO ONE they could give me a phone # to contact, and NO ONE that can refund my money. I found that odd, since there is SOMEONE that was able to charge me.

I was on the phone over an hour with those liar scammers and they refused to help me.  Even though they saw I had selected cracked screen, and they said they were billing for me for a cracked screen. It's like I live in another alternate universe where reality and logic don't. I have no choice but to file a complain with Customer Complain of California and also dispute it with my credit card company.

It's just unbelievable. I've also read many other similar situations online and I totally believe these people who sent brand new condition phones to be told it had cracked screen, water damage and wouldn't power on. Samsung will just flat out LIE!

Now I hope Apple gets all their money from the lawsuit!

Constellation

What sort of info or proof did you have to provide to your credit card company? I'm going to be calling Chase tomorrow for my scam.

Constellation

What was the outcome for you? I just got an email this week, 17 weeks after I shipped my trade in, stating they were charging me as well. $325. They then did the same to my husband 2 days later. I've gone ROUND AND ROUND with them, I seem to get nowhere. We both have proof that their inspection process is a complete fraud. I'm thinking we should all jump onboard with a class action lawsuit. We were both using our phones until the day we sent them in! How are they going to say they were BOTH broken? I'll be posting reviews EVERYWHERE I can and I'll be contacting BBB on Monday.

Asteroid

Good luck. No matter what you say it is your word against theirs and they keep your old phone so there is no way that they can be proven wrong. They have a great SCAM going. 

Cosmic Ray

I went through this and got my money back, you can IF you do the following:

• Always photograph your phone from all angles and take a video proving it is functional.
  • When they tell you it wasn't accepted challenge them and do it by email not phone, email them at least every 3 days & keep all the emails
  • If after 3 weeks or a month they still refuse to give you the money back do the following.
  • File a claim with your state's Attorney General  & with the BBB  

They do not care about you,  they made you agree to arbitration when you bought the phone so there is no way to sue them, and there will be no class action lawsuits.  Your recourse is to let everyone on the internet know about this scam, post it in forums, on social media - everywhere you can!

Constellation

I am currently going through with this scam too. Traded in a perfect S6 phone which has never even been out of the case for a note 8. Sent phone in and received a notification on 2/14/2018 that the phone was received. On 6/21/18, yes over 4 months later, I suddenly get a notification that my credit card just got hit with a $125 charge from DRI-Samsung out of MN. I immediately called and cancelled my credit card and reported scam. Fortunantly, Chase removed the charge.

A few days later I received an email from Samsung stating my trade in phone didnt meet the qualification of the trade program due to a damaged screen. Knowing this was BS, I called the support number in the email.The lady which didnt speak good English said she would issue a refund. Knowing that I had already reported the scam and canceled the charge, I asked her to email me a reference number and mail me the reimbursement check. 3 days later, I recieved another email from Samsumg support stating that after further investigation, they could not refund the charge due to a damaged screen. Anyway, thanks to Chase, I dodged the cost of this scam.

I cannot believe this same scam attempt is happening to multiple other people and not just a mistake that happened to me. Obviously, this is a coordinated scam process.

I will never buy another Samsung product and will sale everything I currently have with a samsung logo on it. 

I wish you all luck with this corrupt company! 

Constellation

Same thing happen to me and I took pictures also I will not get another Samsung.

Astronaut

GIANT SCAM!   Four months after sending in my trade-in (Galaxy Note6), I was charged back $225.  This was a pristine phone that spent 3 years in an Otter box case.  Worked perfectly, no damage at all!  At&T was going to give me $200 for it but I went with samsung for the $250 trade-in. Bad choice.  Customer service is ZERO help.   I feel helpless and there seems to be no recourse.  Thumbs down for Samsung

Astronaut

I just had the same thing happen to me.  My $100 trade in was rejected and they only gave me $25.  They didn't even try to come up with some legitimate reason in their terrible English response.  They claimed that the phone charge port was broken so the phone couldn't charge--amazing since I had charged it just before I packed it to mail to them with no difficulty at all!  This is the biggest trade in scam I've seen and I wish I had just sold my old phone directly!

Constellation

All they are doing is keeping your device and they fix it and sell it for refurbished