S9 trade in scam

Asteroid

S9 trade in scam

Trying to feel out if anybody has been able to get a positive outcome from samsung customer concerns after being told they will be charged for a defective phone after upgrading to a S9/S9+. I sent back two nearly perfect S7s only to get a reply saying one has a non functioning screen. Their proof is a picture of some white object. I factory reset those phones and left the screen protectors on them. Highly unlikely that they were damaged during shipping.

I see some people suggest filing a dispute with credit card company, BBB and the Attorny General. Has this helped in any cases? Would really suck to pay $275 for a lesson in trust, or I should say mistrust as that is the only gain from this. Honestly with all the posts on here about this problem, is Samsung really making any money when they realize nobody is ever going to trade in again much less continue to buy their products?

See more topics labeled with:

47 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: S9 trade in scam

Same for me.  I sent in a perfectly fine S7 and they claimed it did not meet the trade in conditions.  They sent 2 photos with some tiny blemishes that they claimed negated the terms.  Samsung is making a killing on this as they have now gotten a free phone that will be sold for top $.

I have called the call center and gotten the reference number, but I get the feeling this is all just part of the plan.

I will be disputing the charge with my credit card company and submitting a complaint to the Attorney General of my state.

I have purchased my last Samsung product.

Asteroid

@user1WRFUZlQo9wrote:

Same for me.  I sent in a perfectly fine S7 and they claimed it did not meet the trade in conditions.  They sent 2 photos with some tiny blemishes that they claimed negated the terms.  Samsung is making a killing on this as they have now gotten a free phone that will be sold for top $.

I have called the call center and gotten the reference number, but I get the feeling this is all just part of the plan.

I will be disputing the charge with my credit card company and submitting a complaint to the Attorney General of my state.

I have purchased my last Samsung product.

So sorry to hear you are having the same issues I am. I too will be following your advice and filing a dispute with my CC, the BBB and the my states Attorney General.

Constellation

Same thing happened to me. I went the BBB and AG route. I may not get win my 275 back, but not going down without a fight. It takes about 5-10 mins for each, copy + paste your communication with samsung. i'll keep you posted.

Constellation

They said that my s7 camera was broken which is a lie 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Same! This is obviously a total scam to steal all of our perfectly operational s7 phones! I sent in a perfectly working S7 edge, in it's original packaging and wrapped in a significant amount of bubble tape- there is no way it would have gotten damage in shipping and just got an email from them saying the display is not functioning with two little white dot photos attached?! Um, have they even tried charging them...

Will also be fighting this but would be interested if anyone has successful results, but if not anyone know if we would be able to file a class action lawsuit against them? Seems to be a common problem ...

Constellation

How do you submit a claim for this i just got the same email when my phone was perfect and the picture that displayed the "unusable screen/damaged screen" was ridiculous. 

Galaxy

How long did you guys wait until they validated your phone? I just trade-in my S8 plus and I never knew these stories happened so I sent them my S8 plus and they received it on May 2nd 2018 the lcoation in in forth texas.. How long did you guys receive your email for validation? I am very scared if this will happen to me also.

Constellation

I sent in an s7, and they sent me similar email with 2 pictures of small blemishes. Saying that I was not eligible for trade in credit
Galaxy

@userIPrhQME3fEwrote:
I sent in an s7, and they sent me similar email with 2 pictures of small blemishes. Saying that I was not eligible for trade in credit

What is the definition of small blemishes? Do you have the pictures?