S9 trade in scam

Asteroid

Re: S9 trade in scam

I'm very picky with condition.  The phone was well protected from the start and qualified for trade-in. The pic is of a broken screen. If it is in fact from my phone, the only explanation is they were careless with it and will not take any responsibility. I firmly beleive that to be the case. Trying to fight with samsung is the last thing i have time for. I didn't need to upgrade that bad, I just thought the deal was right. I have a case into BBB and now I've asked my state's attorney generals office for direction.  Never in my life have i bothered with either.  Boy did Samsung screw me! 

Constellation

Did you contact Ingram Micro or Samsung to validate your trade-in device?

I think I may forgot to turn the power off when I sent it in.

If it is possible, please let me know the contact number as well. 

Apprecaite it!

Asteroid

I'm having the same problem. I was told my phone was locked and my data couldn't be erased. Thing is I've never had a lock on my phone and even so I reset it before sending. They sent me pictures of the front and back of phone turned off. How does that prove anything? I've contacted them and was advised over the phone to ask for pictures of the phone turned on as proof. I'm waiting on a reply, and to hopefully get this worked out. If not I'll be filing complaints with BBB and TD bank whom it is financed through for the additional charges.

Asteroid

Oh let me add to the list! Now under my order in Samsung Shopping it has the reasons why as will not power on, major wear and tear, and blacklisted. I had the phone in an otterbox from day 1 so no wear and tear, the phone was working just fine when I sent it, I used it that day to reset everything and transfer files, and i have the IMEI number and it's never been blacklisted! Samsung is just trying to RIP people off!

Asteroid

I had the same issue did you eventually get this resolved?
Astronaut

I fell for it hookline and sinker!  I sent in a mint S7 Edge for the s9 and 1.5 months later I get an email stating my device did not meet the requirment and will be charged the remainder.  TOTAL BULL$H!T!!!

I callled my carrier and reported the IMEI as stolen since I had the box.  This is such NONSENSE!!!

I love my Note8 but I will NEVER do this Trade-in scam again...SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG!!!!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Same thing here. The pictures samsung sent of the phone are a joke. I've been waiting on an escalation since April 24 and calling weekly. I've turned to Hagens Berman law firm. Contact <Hidden> to add your name and story.

Constellation

Same story here... Two phones sent in, both 100% functioning, and both are claimed to have bad screens. Blurry and unrecognizable images sent which don't really show anything at all, let alone even show that it is one of my phones. I disputed the transaction with CC and they took two weeks to say that Samsung has determined it did not meet tradein requirements, so now it is between Samsung and I. They did not really do anything to resolve the issue. I am going the BBB route now. It is very unfortunate that most people affected by this scam took the trade-in as an honor system whereby we placed a certain amount of trust in Samsung, and it backfired. Obviously, no more trusting Samsung now, but very limited hope that anything could really be done now.
Constellation

Just wanted to post my story after dealing with this since March. We sent in a perfect phone whose screen we had replaced solely to get a higher trade-in value and were told that the phone did not meet 'normal wear and tear' conditions, so they'd be charging back $175 of the $200 trade-in. I tried contacting Samsung support multiple times and got generic responses each time. After over 4 weeks of that, I tried to dispute the claim with Citi and they told me they would not intervene on my behalf because Samsung had an 'order' that 'proved' the charge was valid. After that I read some suggestions on various forums to contact my state AG and BBB, so I did both. Two weeks later, and BBB to the rescue! Samsung has "reviewed my details and approved my order for refund."

Constellation

[ Edited ]

This can be solved through this