S9 trade in scam

Asteroid

Re: S9 trade in scam

how can you help me I am in the same situation

Asteroid

Same thing with mine. First thing they sent was phone was locked and unable to erase user data. After I called and complained and requested pictures of the phone with it turned on the reason was changed to unable to power on, blacklisted, and excessive wear and tear. I've been waiting since May to hear back from them. Once I mentioned filing formal complaints I got an email apologizing for the long wait times. I'm fixing to email them once again and start the process of filing complaints. I'm over this and being charged an extra $250 for my s9+ is ridiculous when I know my s7 was in like new condition when I shipped it. 

I hope no one else falls for their trade in scam

Samsung Moderator

Can I get your order number via private message so I may look into this for you?

Asteroid

I had this same problem. I emailed the US president of Samsung, filed a complaint with the BBB, explaining everything that happened and how I had proof of such. They finally got everything fixed. They issued a refund to my Samsung financing account.

Asteroid

I had similar experience and Samsung charged me $325. Traded in a perfect Note 5 for Note 8 and turned out to be an indisputable SCAM. They kept my phone for a made up reason. Please don't waste your time and money on Samsung trade in. It's my first and last time buying directly from Samsung!!! 

Asteroid

I was burned by the Samsung Trade in Scam as well..this was last November..My S7 edge was mint and they said it was inoperable/cracked screen..they lied..

I protested..they reviewed and after a month they said it was normal wear and tear and I would get a full refund..

And they lied again..they then said housing damage ...no refund..

I'm now dealing with the CEO office..Mr. Steven Kim and here is his email:

oop@seaecomm.zendesk.com

Personally I think Mr. Kim should resign in disgrace..cant believe they allow this to happen..They care nothing for their brand or reputation..This is nothing less than Fraud and will be treated as such..

Asteroid

I was burned by the Samsung Trade in Scam as well..this was last November..My S7 edge was mint and they said it was inoperable/cracked screen..they lied..

I protested..they reviewed and after a month they said it was normal wear and tear and I would get a full refund..

And they lied again..they then said housing damage ...no refund..

I'm now dealing with the CEO office..Mr. Steven Kim..ask the liars in ecommerce for his email because they wont allow me to post here..

Personally I think Mr. Kim should resign in disgrace..cant believe they allow this to happen..They care nothing for their brand or reputation..This is nothing less than Fraud and will be treated as such..

BEEN trying to get some kind of  support for my galaxy 7 that just throw me to the dogs

Asteroid

BEST TO GO THRU YOUR TELEPHONE CARRIER 

Constellation

Who is this in reference to? Is it a general statement or someone in specific?