S9 trade in scam

Asteroid

Re: S9 trade in scam

[ Edited ]

Hello ,my name is Chris Chapman I had the exact same issue. Screen not working and I got a teeny tiny picture of a white screen w bars on it showing signal and they charged me back 275  And I used Samsung financial so I'm totally hosed. If I don't pay they will collect and I ha e keffdft credit. I filed with state attorney General consumer affairs. It's a RICO act violation to keep the phone , not mail it back, and then say they have it and can re appraise it. I requested immediately to ha r reinspection . They lied and said ok and never did it. Called again and now supposedly they are. Lol... In a warehouse full of 2 million phones. They also took 90 days to reply with their 275 back charge . I too sent in perfectly good S7. 

Constellation

Please post your story on Twitter and other social and use #samsungtradeinisascam 

Constellation

Same experience here. Mailed a S7 in excellent condition. I used a protective case and it did have a scratch on it. Got an email "saying the housing/buttons/keys are damaged or missing", and got charged the full price. After calling they said they will reassess it, and send photo evidence. Supposedly they reassessed, still saying it's damaged, but cannot provide a photo. No explanation why. What a complete scam!

I've liked Samsung phones before (this is my second Galaxy). No more Samsung for me - a lesson worth $335.

Constellation

I have an identical experience except I had traded in my wife’s pristine s6 that I factory reset. I received an email with two photos, extreme close ups, stating the screen is scratced or non functional. They proceeded to charge my card as if nothing was received in trade-in. I contacted the credit card company and had to leave for an extended overseas trip. While I was gone samsung told the cc company (Citi) that no trade-in was received. Citi sent me a message to check the secure communication which I tried but not remembering my password ended up being locked out of the account. Upon return to USA, I was able to read the communication regarding nothing having been received by Samsung. Provided Citi with the email from samsung, shipping label and fedex delivery. Citi informed me that I had not responded in time and washed their hands off the matter. Shame on Samsung and Citi.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Samsung has great products but horrible customer service!  We sent back 2 TVs in January 2018 under the insurance protection plan BestBuy offers thru Samsung, they were supposed to have emailed us a voucher for full value. What they emailed was a fake voucher. Then they tried to send us a gift card. Well that got intercepted in another STATE! Obviously an inside theft. We got lawyer on it, once again they mailed out a check and it got intercepted again and cashed. They like us to buy their product but they [REDACTED] at customer servicing 

Constellation

I'm busy fighting mine with my credit card.  Note that they had the nerve to CHANGE the photos they sent me (because they were on their server and not attachments.)   The first time they showed the slight darkening of the screen.  When I called and complained, they agreed that the phone was acceptable!

Then, two MONTHS later, they changed the photos of my phone (now showing it turned off).  They claimed the phone didn't work this time.  

Total scam.  Class action anyone?

Astronaut

it is just like when your own dog bites you. 

Astronaut

There is no need to cry over s spitted milk bro, be calm like sheepadoodle. slow steady you will rise up again.