Samsung S8+ promotion was a joke

Asteroid

Samsung S8+ promotion was a joke

I guess I was calf roped in to preordering the Samsung S8pluse, thinking I was going to be able to get the VR gear head set, Controller, a 256gig card, and a head set for $99.00. But seems to me that the day the phone was delivered, Samsung was out of the above mentioned Items. What a bait and switch thing thay have here.

After trying to call there support phone # at 1-800-Samsung, I was put on hold the first call for 1hr, and 10 min before they disconected. called back, Was on hold for 1he and 34min, called back and guess what, that is right Disconected but this time it was only a 37 min wait. CALLED back and spent 1 hr, and 17min on hold only to be hung up on again. But wait, Called back 1 last time and i just started hitting # to try to get anyone in Support, YEAH that worked, But was told that the promotion that I was asking about is over, and was not able to get the Above items. Then as i was speaking to the Lady about the issue, I was hung up on again.

So now I will be taking back the S8+ phone that I have, as well as the Samsung Wireless Charging Stand, A new Samsung Gear S2 Classic watch i just got yesterday, as well as my Two daughters Samsung  J3 V phones. And just go with the Apple IPhones for all of us. Including my Wifes Samsung Note 4. I am so over Samsung, what a trick to get people to think you are a good company.    See ya samsung     Yours truly a pissed off person

James F. Couch III

16 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: Samsung S8+ promotion was a joke

Hmm...I remember pre-ordering my S8+ because it was a phone I ACTUALLY wanted....the promotion was just a added bonus. If i didn't get it, oh well.  At least I still got a great phone that I WANTED! not because it came with an added bonus....

Shadowseeker, just because you like the phone without the extras doesn't mean you should post ridiculous comments in someone's thread. You don't agree with what this guy says great, move along to the next thread.

The biggest problem is being lied to so that Samsung could ramp up preorders. I went from an s4 to the s8plus. My S4 is a great phone. It can't take my pulse but who in the hell really needs that? With the s8 picture quality and what 4k video memory demands, not to mention adding in downloaded 4k movies and VR content and games and yea, Your going to need a memory card pretty quickly.

Asteroid

Thanks

Asteroid

Hey Tommy, I just posted the same problem on a different thread. Just had similar problems as you...registration process is a joke cause you need phone specific details that can only be accessed if you have the phone in your hand...and the cut off date for "purchase" was the day BEFORE the phone was released...total bull crap!!

Asteroid

Couldnt agree more with you. The advertisement to Pre-Order the phone was the Pre-Order bundle...... and when they essentially "sell out" of the pre-order bundle BEFORE people even got their phones to go register is real garbage.... I've been a LONG time Samsung loyalist, ive had the Galaxy S1, S3, S5, Note4, and now the S8+ and I will never buy a Samsung phone again... Sure, Im just one customer that is not going to give a billion dollar company my money., but at least I'll be true to myself! 

Asteroid

I also was promised the Gear VR, headphone and sd card at the biginning of April from our local Sams Club if you reserve the S8 or S8+ before April 20th, with a April 21st phone delivery date. I signed up for 3 each Black S8's and 1 each Grey S8 on April 6th. I received a conformation email for all 4 resevations. My carrier is AT&T. Sams Club called me on April 20th to make an appointment with them to complete the purchases for April 22nd. I compk=leted the purchases of the 4 phones on my AT&T Next plan. I also had to pay at the same time, the taxes for the phones. At the end I received a receipt and the AT&T Next contract paperwork. When I got home, I went to the Samsung web site to register the phones for the Gear VR package, only to find out they have sold out of the Gear VR, Headphones an SD card package and only have the Gear VR option available. I registered all 4 phones and sent them a copy of the Receipt that shows the tax I Paid. Today I received 3 emails from Samsung stating to provide the receipt showing the purchase of the phones, not the tax paid. Only problem is the receipt of the accual cost is divided on two different pages from the AT&T Next contract. One page shows the ESN number and another page shows the 30 month Next payment plan and total paid. The problem with their registration page is you can only send one picture file. I took a picture of both pages together for the phones that required resubmittion. I then looked up the status of my submittions and one said I didn't submit the proper receipt, one said submittions completed sucessfuly and two said promotion ended April 20th. I then called Samsung support and was given a 1 899 number to call promotions department dirrectly. Called and after being on hold for close to two hours, I called support back again. This time the rep told me there is no direct 1800 number to promo and that he will transfer me to them. Again after an hour of being on hold, I hung up. This time I emailed them requesting assistance in this matter. They are supposed to respond within 48 hours, we will see. This is BS. First being lied to on what to receive and then you cannot contact them. I will wait a couple days to see if I receive any more emails from them.

Constellation

You can count me as one other pissed off customer.  I would have ordered the S8+ eventually, but I preordered to take advantage of the offer for the Gear VR AND the $99 immersive package.  Well apparently they sold out of the Immersive package within a day.  After multiple hours on hold, I finally got through to a person, who said they sold out on Friday the 21st.  But that doesn't explain why I was unable to register my product and get that on Thursday the 20th.  There was also nothing in the promotion that said "While supplies last."  So essentially, Yes, Samsung lied to us.  I like the phone a lot, but I am extremely upset with the deceptive marketing used to beef up the pre-orders.

Upsetting your early adopter customers is NOT the way to get past the Note 7 fiasco.  C'mon Samsung you need to make this right.  I'm sure these actions can all be explained away, just like United "reaccommodating their passengers". 

Constellation

Same story here with me.

I received my 2 phones on the 18th.

Registered them to only get to the point to where the link did not work on the samsung site

I called multiple times to only be passed around from customer service rep to customer service rep.

I was on hold for over 7 hours total in multiple calls.

The last answer I got was 'sorry I cannot do more for you, but this promo is sold out"

What a sham.

I purchased this early because of the 99 dollar promo.

Cosmic Ray

Another annoyed "immersive bundle" customer here.

Just know that no one that monitors this board cares about what we think. I'm almost positive they have been trained to be indifferent about the situation, and just tell you that the deal is over. PERIOD.

Samsung hasn't cared about customers for some time..... and it does not appear that anyone at Samsung wants to change this fact.

With all of the issues I had with the S7, the drama around the Note 7, the lack of responsiveness on the IB promotion.... the resolution is easy. No more Samsung for me.

I know I'm not alone.

-POSS7