Samsung just screwed me over on the 8S VR promotion

Constellation

I'm sure what I'm about to tell won't surprise any of you, but I am absolutely livid. I just got off the phone with Samsung. I had submitted all the documents and info requested for the free VR, not the bundle for $99 on 4/20/17.
When I checked my status, It said the info was accepted and my gift was being processed. I was just told by the CS rep that I hadn't paid my $99 and the promo had ended. WTF? I didn't order the bundle. She also asked me why I waited so long to call, that had I called in June or July they might have been able to resolve the issue. She claimed I got an email on 4/22 saying I had been approved for the bundle. I received no such email. Now, according to her, there's nothing Samsung can do. The promo ended in May and I waited too long to check. I asked her why would I call if the status page showed my gift was being processed?

Seems to me they were only interested if people paid $99 for the bundle.

If there is any action taken against Samsung for this, please give me any info so I can join.

5 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: Samsung just screwed me over on the 8S VR promotion

Same thing happened to me.  The email i got yesterday says I will get a promo code for $130 for the glasses but when that happen and will that actually pay for the glasses I thought we were getting for free?  So irritated with Samsung.

Constellation

when they did that promotion, the workers in the stores never told customers they had to service to to a certain plan to be eligible. the workers at a store by my house, was not telling customers, but switched them without their knowledge & was stealing the vr headset. about 30 people got fired & locked up.
Astronaut

Still waiting on my promotion since May for the VR,still haven't heard anything yet, I sent everything that they wanted still no response
moe
Asteroid

Keep contacting their promotions customer service, not Samsung. When I had ordered the Galaxy Note 5 a few years back, I hadn't gotten my promotional offers at all. A whole year goes by and I went ahead and contacted one of their VP's. Received an email within hours and he/she proceeded to apologize and tell me that they were sorry because they had ran out of supplies and to compensate they sent me 2 gift cards at $250 each, totalling $500. Mind you, the promotional bundle was worth $450. Then a month later the bundle came in. Such wonderful luck.

Hi! In lieu with your case; I availed 2 S8+ on May - Mother's day bogo promo... I sent the rebate promotion forms for the 2 S8+ = $1500. I was eligible indeed, being still in the umbrella of the 30 days grace period... I even went to a T-mobile retailer in Microsoft campus (The Commons) and had the employee to help me proceed with the submission of the rebate forms and also the Carrier Freedom fees from my previous carrier = $1063.00 and or whatnot. Actually, he did all the moves after I logged in on my T-mobile account. An hour after; Yes! an hour of dodging the errors being bounced back by the T-mobile's system because the website was being slammed or just simply congested. Then, the emp told me to head on and he will continue to send it as a "courtesy" for the hassle of waiting. He also told me to wait for an email confirmation and instructions. I did receive a message and LO AND BEHOLD... promotion forms submission failed! so, after 7 CS reps and escalation after escalation of my case with their concerned department; since May til now there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Actually, in my case even after encountering several snags with my VR claims submission I did get my VRs after almost 2 mos. The bigger chunk of the money that they need to send to me via the form of a digital mastercard and the reimbursement for the $1063 last bill my carrier charged me is what I am fighting for. FYI! each of the last 4 reps is spoken with said they are dealing with so many escalated issues about the bogo rebates and the Carrier Freedom thingy. I hope you get a closure on your case soon! happy thanksgiving to you and all here in this forum.