Samsung promos are a scam

Asteroid

I have been reading so many complaints about Samsung promos, but mine in particular has to do with a Samsung TV promotion. Here's my story: 

"...I bought a qualifing Samsung TV from Costco, tried to redeem my Google play credit and sure enough I got the same message "The serial number you have provided is not from a participating model or has already been redeemed. For additional support please contact Samsung customer service by calling 1-800-726-7864". I called and was directed to another promo dept who told me the same thing about a response would be coming in 48 working hours. This was back on Sept 3, 2017. As you can guess, I'm still waiting although I did an receive email 2 weeks later asking for a copy of the receipt and serial number. Still waiting for a response from them (about a week now). I have to admit, Samsung help desk has got to be the worst!  Such a huge high tech company that can not resolve this matter in a reasonable time is beyond me.  Profit before customer service must be there motto. I will continue waiting before I escalate this matter futher."

I'm exhausted now, tired of all the run around, going on 4 weeks now with no resolve. I was seriously considering switching over from an iPhone to a Samsung phone and maybe this was a blessing because Lord knows I will never EVER buy another Samsung product as long as I live. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

11 REPLIES
Constellation

had the same problem. found out people are taking pictures of the bar code & serial #'s on tv boxes in store & saying they bought the tv. I had a friend that scammed free promos from cellphone companies all the time & also screwing customers out of their promos.
Astronaut

I had no problem with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Pre-order Promo. The Wireless Charger & 128 gb Micro SD Card. I received mine with no problem no hassle. From time I received the phone then applied for the promotion, and received the promo items less then 30 days.
Constellation

Re: Samsung promos are a scam

Samsung refused to honor a $100 Samsung credit when I bought the Note5 2 years ago. They claimed I didn't have a valid imei, I provided pictures of the imei and receipt, after months of back and forth they informed me it was too late and I wouldn't get the promo. Fast forward 2 years and I forget about it, and I want the Note8 and free wireless charger. Well my Note8 is being returned - already started the process and have the return label. Their customer service is a **bleep**ing joke. I have already wasted too much time on this and I'm not waiting past the return date for a resolution that I know won't come. So I guess I'l get the Pixel2. I just wish I could have all my wasted time back from them.  But I will never buy another Samsung product again. Ever.

Constellation

when it comes to customer service I get what I want about 85% of the time, and many times I get more out of them. I stomp all over them and talk down on them and always speak with an aggressive tone, articulate, the first time they interrupt you, cut them off and tell em do not interrupt me again. show them you know exactly what you're talking about, and if they transfer you, tell them they better note everything you have already explained because you have repeated the details of the issue a million times and you will not repeat yourself again. If they fail to do so, and the person you've been transferred to asks what he issue is, tell them you aren't gonna go over it again, since their colleague didn't do their job, they can get off their ass and listen to the recording of the conversation. be stern and ask for a supervisor if they get smart with you or barely speak English. And trust me, there is always a supervisor or manager there, so don't buy the bs when they say they're not available or they will contact you by email or phone, because they won't. always get their name and a reference #, and an email of what you've gone over with them. But you HAVE TO tell them you aren't getting off the phone until you receive their email, read it,and are satisfied with it. If not, tell them it's not acceptable or they left details out and you'll wait for them to try again. Don't let them get away with anything. trash them if needed, I've made supervisors cry before cuz I don't let anybody walk all over me. If you handle these pathetic customer service people like this, watch and see how they'll panic and get super nervous and will take care of your issue because many companies have supervisors listening in on the call, and the rep wants to get off the phone asap because most likely they're used to having authority over customers, and they want to look good for their boss listening in, or standing right there.
Constellation

soooo ur crying over google credits? is that how petty we are these days? maybe u bought a tv that someone else previously purchased and returned after claiming the credits and u just lucked out. u should've returned the tv and got a new one but instead u chose to ride the lazy petty train to boohoo land.
Constellation

but its not even Samsung who handles the promotions, so don't blame them. The company is called prizelogic. their # is 888-pz-logic
Constellation

[ Edited ]

Samsung chooses to outsource their promo fullfillment, but it is still Samsung who is responsible to make sure their customers are satisfied. It is Samsung who is advertising the promos, it is a Samsung product I am buying and when I make the purchase thru Samsung.com or the Samsung App then I really dont give a **bleep** who is handling it on the back end, because it is Samsung who needs to make sure it is handeled properly. And when there have been fullfillment issues for years it is Samsung's fault for not finding a better vendor. So no, it is 100% Samsung's fault!

I got the Note 8 pre-order. The promo at the time was either the Gear 360 or the wireless charger and a 128GB micro SD card. I chose the wireless charger and micro SD card. When the Note 8 arrived, the wireless charger and a 256GB card came in the same box. Looking through the internet forums, some people were being shipped the 256GB instead of the 128GB while some were getting the 128GB. I was stoked to get the 256GB, just as long as it was equal or greater value to what was advertised. Haven't had a problem with their products or customer service. Bought 2 Samsung TVs and 3 Note 3s.
Asteroid

just got my wireless charger and 128gb memory card today, was hoping for a chance 256gb card, but still a very happy note 8 user 😃