TV Promotion Issue

Astronaut

TV Promotion Issue

I am not sure if I am getting the run around or if this there was never any intention of paying out this promotion. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with the same issue.

In March 2018 I purchased a Samsung television from Costco with the promotion to receive $50 in Google Play credit. I filled out all the appropriate forms and sent copies of my receipt and serial number. For some reason, this was not recognized. I called customer service and was advised that I would be contacted in 72 hours. I received an email on March 20th requesting the photographs of the serial and receipt, which I sent on March 27th and received a response they were received. On April 28th, I called to check and again was told I would be contacted in 72 hours. I later received an email saying that the promotion website has been changed so you can appeal the serial number. I re-did the form and submitted everything. After being in a "review" status for a month, I contacted customer service again (end of May) and again I was told I would be contacted in 72 hours. This contact never came. On June 4th, I contacted customer service for a fourth time. The representative apologized, said I have already done everything I need to on my part, and someone would contact me in 72 hours. Today I have received the same email that I received in April saying to re-submit all the information because an appeal process has been added.

I am in an endless loop and I feel like there is no intention of ever giving me the promotion that I am entitled to based on my purchase.

4 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV Promotion Issue

Very sorry to hear, I'd be happy to look into this for you. Mind shooting me a message with the following information here:-->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Name: 
Phone #: 
Email: 

TV Model: 
Date of Purchase:
Serial #: 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator

Please get that info to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Awesome information here, wondering how why samsung smart tv has small problems in setting iptv? will it be better in future to make simpler User interface?

Dima

Constellation

Did they ever resolve this? I've been going through the same thing.  I'm leaning towards trying to return the TV to Costco if Costco doesn't refund me $50