Trade In Program is a Scam and quite frankly Samsung should be ashamed to promote it.

Constellation

Trade In Program is a Scam and quite frankly Samsung should be ashamed to promote it.

I have had the Note 3, Note 5 and now the Note 8. I have been happy with the series of Note phones but the Samsung Trade in program has left a lasting impression of scam that I can't get over. Although I took the precautions in shipping it in far more material than my new phone arrived I received an email today that simply stated my phone did not meet the criteria and as such another charge was added to my account in upwards of $225.00.  It took 4 months for them to tell me this from the time I sent in the phone. There is no way to substantiate the claim made by Samsung once the phone it leaves your hands and in turn they offer nothing by way of confirmation of the reported findings. A call to customer service is useless and filled with meaningless apologies for decisions they cannot make. I was asked to hold on the line so a supervisor can assist only to be told after 30 mins that no supervisor was available and that they would call me back shortly. Unfortunately I am still waiting. In short once they have your phone Samsung is the judge, jury and executioner.

Samsung, please end this scamming practice and enhance it with a criteria and a method that is customer savvy and balanced. In this modern day era of technology there are many ways in which one can enhance the process, pictures only take secs and short video could suffice as well. Even at an additional cost. If none of these options are not Samsung possible then stop doing the mail away and have service center drop offs so techs can make the determination in person allowing the consumer the clarity that obvious is not being provided today and last but not least the option to retrieve the phone. 

The embarrassing thing about this whole trade in program is the target market are current Samsung customers.

4 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Trade In Program is a Scam and quite frankly Samsung should be ashamed to promote it.

>The embarrassing thing about this whole trade in program is the target market are current Samsung customers.

The is the worst part of this program, they are ruining their reputation with the loyal customers.

Had a Galaxy S6 for a couple of years, it worked perfect but I wanted the S8 so perfect trade-in candidate (so I thought)  --- months later I get the email that my trade-in was rejected with a vague "Device's housing/button/keys are damaged or missing".    Nothing specific, no proof provided.   

I'm not sure what type of "Normal Wear and Tear" they expect but if they are going to accept the S6 as a trade in they have to expect 2 years of normal use.   Phone was kept in a case the whole time and was functioning fine on the day I sent it in.    

Asteroid

Re: Trade In Program is a Scam and quite frankly Samsung should be ashamed to promote it.

I'm going to start calling them Scamsung.  I got ripped for 2, and have read so many posts here that I wonder why I can't find class action proceedings against these crooks.  

Asteroid

keep those old phones 

i am having trouble with samsung a5 32 gig

had a j1 but not enough gig it was a great phone gave it to friend he loves 

i still have my old iphone5c got new battery works like brand new use it as ipod now

Asteroid

buy phone outright no trade in

who knows if somebody not refurbishing them and selling them on ebay or amazon