JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using Samsung Apps (Netflix, Prime, etc.) will not work using Directv RC73 Universal Remote

(Topic created: 08-13-2023 10:57 AM)
userYb71RE733c
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

All of my TVs are Samsung Smart TVs.  Two of my largest are a 65" and 75", they are not OLED.

I can play and use any of the Samsung Apps, like Netflix and Prime using my Samsung Remote.  I cannot use my Directv RC73 Universal Remote.  I can access the Apps but when I choose a program to stream the TV immediatly goes back to playing Directv Satellite (which is my primary provider).  I do have two smaller Samsung TVs with apps loaded and using an older Directv RC66RX remote that has a switch for TV, I can play the apps without having to use the Samsung Remote.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userYb71RE733c
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I also broke down and called Directv and was told that the RC73 is not a universal remote even though I've read that it is.  It can change the TV input, vol, channel, power on and off.  That's it. 

View solution in context

11 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Have you spoken with DIRECTV about this to see if they could have some troubleshooting steps? Although I don't personally own any Samsung Smart TVs, I have friends that do, and some of them have to use two separate remotes as well. 

Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
You can google search the ir code for the samsung tv, and you can program the remote for the tv. Usually selecting the desired function, in this case, the tv button, then holding a combination of buttons till you see the tv button flash or another button. Then hitting the power button until the tv powers off. Then, immediately hit the tv button again. Since dif cable box remote require different combinations, I'd search Google by searching the model number of the remote located inside the battery compartment or on the outer bottom shell. Some require the code some can cycle thru a pre programmed code set in the remote. If the remote does not have a tv function, you may be out of luck and will prob just have to shell out for a universal remote.
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Here are some screen shots that may assist you...

Screenshot_20230813_111647_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230813_111704_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230813_111710_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230813_111715_Chrome.jpg
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Last oneScreenshot_20230813_111720_Chrome.jpg
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Maybe this as well.Screenshot_20230813_112155_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230813_112201_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230813_112205_Chrome.jpg
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
This is usually a symptom of the remote button functions variations so as an example enter would not actually be entered it would be back or using the touchpad up would turn the volume up this typically happens with older ir remotes ect. When using your DirecTV remote be sure to press the TV icon toggle on the remote before giving commands to your TV specifically once you do that you just sort of have to play around and find the right button that would essentially play an app in this case I have Dish Network and I actually have stopped using their remote all together and just use the one remote I love the one remote remember it has every function all in digital form that you can pull up on your TV at any time so you can see what you're doing or use your mobile device as a Smart Remote also
userYb71RE733c
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I appreciate your time responding to me.  I can sometimes be dumb as a stump!  I cannot see a TV Icon Toggle on my RC73 Remote.  I also have an older RC66RX Remote for my older HD Directv Receiver and that one has a slide selector on the top that can be moved to TV.  I wish this newer RC73 Remote had a selector.  Truly I cannot find a TV Icon Toggle on this RC73 Remote.

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Im not seeing it either It looks as if it's only for the direct tv and volume control perhaps and now that I see it I'm pretty certain this will not work for your tvs smart hub unfortunately . But I might be wrong I looked it up and it seems like it will not but maybe I'm missing something? Screenshot_20230815_085848_Chrome.jpg
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Can you take a picture of the back and inside the battery compartment