Original topic:

2020 Frame Feedback

(Topic created: 12-24-2020 06:19 AM)
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

I purchased the 2020 Frame TV 55" on Friday, 5/22.  QN55LS03TAFXZA

1. There is an issue with the supplied no gap wall mount.  Step 1 is to attach the bracket to the back of the TV using the 4 included screws: M4 x L14.  These screws are too short.  They drop right in and spin.  I had to go to a large box hardware store and purchase M4 x L16 screws.  Please address!!  This should literally be the easiest step of the whole mount process.  800-SAMSUNG is a joke -- she sent me videos to watch and recommended I hire a professional installer.
  2. This is a premium lifestyle TV in the year 2020.  The available memory/storage is awful.  After installing 4-5 apps the available storage remaining was 7%.  A few hours later, it was at 3%.  I have not installed ANY personal photos yet.  Guys, this is a serious concern.  How is this TV going to hold up for 5+ years if we're low on memory out of the box!!  This is a major shortcoming and Samsung should address somehow.  There are things like eManual (50MB) and Disney+ that are pre-installed and you cannot uninstall.  This TV should have at least another 500MB to 1GB of available storate.  

userjjJhMlInOd
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

4 or 5 apps wow I have zero and am at 3% space left, with zero photos uploaded. Give it 6 months it wont be abl eto have its firmware uploaded it will be a Dumb TV rather than Smart and will be going back under consumer protection law.

userKJFg5Q3WDz
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Just received my 55" frame. The way too short screws are still included. Is this a f***ing joke? What's even worst is that this is not a packaging error as the manual explicitly refers to M4 L14.

Did they even try this once? I simply couldn't believe it.

Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yep, I'm sorry you have the problem, too.  I actually think the issue is the holes aren't drilled right / deep enough in the tv...but who knows.  No one at Samsung will understand / care, so hopefully buying longer screws like I did will work.  

0 Likes
userYZa1rom06j
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I also have a problem with the threads not reaching.  I've been on the chat with samsung and they just told me it is the stores problem.  Not there's.  This is the last samsung product I am buying

0 Likes
userP68gX20gWZ
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Screws supplied are also too short for the 65" frame tv and no-gap wall mount. Complete garbage. Also, Samsung recommends toggle bolts when not directly mounting to more than one stud... but does NOT supply them. They do supply concrete mounting hardware. So lame. You purchase a premium lifestyle tv, you expect to be able to mount it with the included hardware. Thank you @Rdrakea. Thanks for nothing Samsung!

userD9eyD5I8pK
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having the same issue with the screws being too short on my 65 inch Frame TV. I"m hoping the 16mm length screws I'm buying today will do the trick. Did you find a solution? Did it work?

0 Likes
userD9eyD5I8pK
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having the same issue with the screws being too short on my 65 inch Frame TV. I"m hoping the 16mm length screws I'm buying today will do the trick (M4 x L16). The 18mm screws are too long.  Did you find a solution? Did it work? It also surprises me that those 4 little screws hold the TV up????

0 Likes
Solution
userLHFt9WUJwL
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I had the same problem with the screws. 3 of them barely caught the threads in the TV. The fourth screw didn't even catch. Went to Lowes and bought 4mm x16mm screws and they are perfect. Thanks to  Rdrakea Cosmic Ray for the tip. I'm sure there are a lot of these TV's "barely" secured out there with the original screws.

0 Likes
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm glad it worked for you.  It is sad 1) Samsung has no effective means to receive and review feedback from customers (or simply chooses not to), and 2) customers are still having this same issue 7+ months later.  Shows a true lack of quality control.

0 Likes
userD9eyD5I8pK
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I had to make 3 trips to the hardware store to buy the 16mm screws. Bought my TV in December. Samsung still can't fess up to this ridiculous issue.