JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2020 Frame TV will not install YouTube TV App

(Topic created: 07-23-2020 08:52 AM)
userSLHI9XlLpD
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Just got a new 50 inch frame TV and the YouTube TV App does not appear on the Smart Hub menu or in the selected Apps for downloading. I can find it in search but when I click install the button changes to cancel for 10 or 20 seconds then reverts to install. It does not appear to have installed as I can't see it in the apps section at all. Any ideas what I am doing wrong or if there is an issue with YouTube TV on Samsung TV?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

It works fine on my 2020 Frame.  Check to see if you're on the latest firmware (I had to download to USB - it didn't find it by updating over wifi) and maybe reset the tv?

0 Likes
userSLHI9XlLpD
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

thanks for the hints. I looked for an update but when I clicked on suftware updated it said I had the latest as of 6/17/20. Do I look somewhere else for the firmware? I assume if I download to USB I jusr plug into the control box. Any idea how to reset?

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

What software version was shown? Please provide the full model code of the television.

With the television on, please hold down the Power button on the remote until the television powers off and begins to reboot.

After this, try installing the app again.

0 Likes
userSLHI9XlLpD
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

That worked. I was able to get YouTube TV to install after the reboot. The software verssion shown is1301. Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Great! I'm glad to hear it!

Holding down the power button forces the television to completely shut down and restart so it clears the cache for system and 3rd party apps. 

You are very welcome.