JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2021 Neo QLED Game Motion Plus Broken

(Topic created: 03-24-2022 10:12 AM)
Timahhh66
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

As title suggests the Game Motion Plus feature on the new Neo Qled does not work.  I enabled it, tweaked judder and blur settings, no change to motion at all.  Motion settings out of game mode work just fine.

9 Replies
Solution
kbyakko
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I second this.  The Game Motion Plus on my QN90A does not interpolate frames during 30fps gameplay.  I've observed this same feature with the same settings and the same game on a Q80T and it works as expected giving the appearance of a higher frame rate game but not adding any apparent input lag.  This was tested using an Xbox console set to 60hz output on both the QN90A and the Q80T.

I will say that it does appear to work with 24fps film content but that's probably besides the point as the feature is for gaming.

Please return the functionality of Game Motion Plus on the Neo QLEDs as it worked on previous generations of QLED.

Thank you.

Timahhh66
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Correct on 30fps  gameplay - difference is negligible whether off or de-judder 10.  Definitely seems like a software bug that Samsung needs to fix.

I will say that de-blur 10 does interpolate 60 fps up to 120 fps, so Warzone looks stunning with it on.  

DragonRM
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a Series X and QN800a and the option is grayed out for game motion plus… I prefer using it for most of my streaming and out of game mode even with auto motion plus off it gets stuttering with 4K content. In game mode I don’t get the stuttering at all but would have liked to be able to turn on the noise reduction. Game HDR is grayed out as well…. Any thoughts?

Timahhh66
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I would check if either 120hz or VRR is enabled in your xbox settings.  Both of these features disable GMP.  As for HGIG (game hdr) being grayed out.. not entirely sure about that.  The only time I've seen that disabled is if you're not in game mode or HDR is turned off in the console.

DragonRM
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Game HDR I guess is triggered by compatible games. Some will turn it on while others don’t have it integrated in. Still no word on Freesync Premium Pro and when it will be enabled.

0 Likes
Dr_T-Bagger
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Has Samsung acknowledged this in any way? I literally chose this tv for that feature.
bbexperience
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
Just came to say that I just got a QN90a and this still isn't fixed. Motion handling options work when not in game mode, but game mode plus does nothing. Really disappointing Samsung.
user6m0K40exKS
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Just want to report that my post was removed because I posted link to EU law about returns due to false advertisement. Yes, lack of GMP working with 30hz content is false advertisement. Bravo Samsung, bravo.

user6m0K40exKS
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

They really want to swipe it under the rug. I think its not software bug. I think its hardware problem, that's why its not yet fixed.