JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2021 Samsung TV eARC is broken.

(Topic created: 06-30-2021 08:47 PM)
userbJ58dywtHV
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I spent £5.5k on QN800A and Q950A. Have tried days worth of troubleshooting, multiple 2.1 HDMI cables, updated all firmware, spent hours researching how to correctly get earc working. I have managed to get it working but as soon as the tv is turned off it would require a hard reset to get it back. Now even that doesn’t work - switching earc on just causes tv to default to TV speakers. ARC works fine - but I didn’t spend this money on an Atmos setup to get DD+/MAT.

e-arc handshake wont happen at all - I’ve seen countless users posting about this and commenting on their posts has been disabled.

Samsung engineer coming on Monday - I can somewhat relate to the issue if I had a 3rd party Soundbar but this is 2021 flagship hardware.

if I bought a new car and the air con didn’t work I wouldn’t make do with opening the window.

also this is the second Samsung tv I have had this issue with - I had previously assumed issue was related to 3rd party Soundbar. Complete silence from Samsung on this - clearly it’s a widespread problem on multiple forums. 

2 Replies
useree8Px2WtlM
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue on 2020 Samsung TV. Looks like now we wait. 

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html.