Original topic:

2022 Frame Art Mode

(Topic created: 04-26-2022 02:54 PM)
userMUb6H02kyv
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just got a 50" 2022 Frame and I love the picture quality and the art mode.  It looks really good above my fireplace.  But I'm also having the same issues as others: the motion sensor seems to do nothing regardless of sensitivity and NIGHT MODE will turn off the display after 30 seconds or so regardless of the ambient light level in the room. I've resorted to just turning on the TV in the morning and turning it off at bedtime.  I would think Samsung could remedy this with a firmware update, but they don't have a reputation of adding features or functionality to their devices after they are released.  I'm not optimistic it will get resolved.

7 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame

My Frame just received the 1204.2 update. The motion detection and night mode seems to be improved on my end. Have you updated your TV?

0 Likes
userO6e9iy0T3m
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Did this work out for you? Having the same issue with my new 50" Frame

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

Do you have Sleep After set on your Frame?

0 Likes
userZix6z0VytP
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the 2022 Frame TV with the newer software version Comet mentioned above.  It still will not change out of night mode regardless of how much light is in the room.  This is a problem that needs a solution.  Seems to be a problem for years. 

0 Likes
userFpN5lRZIK0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

oh and one other thing - if "Night Mode" is turned on (at the bottom of the screen in Art mode) then the TV will turn itself off after a minute or so, even in bright day-light... 😞   

Previous versions of the TV had a motion sensor button which in some cases need to be "dropped" manually (saw this on YouTube) and the technician did ask me to see if I could drop it and even asked me to send a photo of the bottom button, but then realised that this model doesn't have that ability - so perhaps the motion sensor is built-in differently in the 2022 version...

I just chatted with online support for an hour or so and whilst that didn't help much they said they would escalate and someone will be in touch.  

0 Likes
userwDfn9dhHk4
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having this same problem with a 2022 Frame 55", has it gotten better?

0 Likes
useru4oZB6P544
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue 2022 65 Frame TV, 

Art mode doesnt turn on automatically, tried turning on lights, waving at it, but motion sensor doesnt seem to do much.

I have an older  2017 Frame TV, and that works fine for motion.

0 Likes