Original topic:

2022 Frame Issues

(Topic created: 05-19-2022 05:26 AM)
Gewch
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

I wanted to summarize my experience so far with my 2022 Frame TV as I am coming from a 2019 Frame TV and figured some of you 2020/2021 owners may have some insight:

1 - The Motion Sensor sucks again.  I read the manual that talks about changes in Ambient Light.   It seems to work good for turning off Art Mode at night when the lights go out, but when the light returns in the morning (automated blinds open letting the sunlight pour in) Art Mode does not turn back on.  Even as I walk and pass in front of it, nothing happens.  I had to manually turn Art Mode back on this morning.  I NEVER had this problem with the 2019.

2 - The brightness of Art mode is wrong 99% of the time.  This is something I'm not used to since my 2019 Frame was always perfect.  It does not appear accurate at all.  It's too bright at night.  It also appears that enabling Intelligent Mode override the Power & Energy > Brightness Optimization settings as I am unable to select the options on the menu.

3 - Absence of Ambient Mode on the 2022 Frame.  I didn't have it on the 2019 either.  I've seen a lot of content that indicates it was introduced on the 2021 models (hoping someone can verify).  Like my previous experience before - the e-Manuals, documentation, and even marketing material include images of the 2022 Frame and clearly show an Ambient Mode icon on the left side of the OS.  Hoping Samsung can issue a Firmware update to resolve this.  Yes I use Art Mode almost exclusively, but it would be a nice feature to have.

4 - I ordered direct from Samsung.  The shipping styrofoam seems to have left a residue or a mark from rubbing on the Anti Glare screen.  I tried to microfiber it off, but not sure the best cleaning methods on the new Anti-Glare screen.  See attached image.  

frame.jpg

19 Replies
userfLNHBODpWT
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Having the same motion sensor issues. There's very little reason to keep this TV without art mode working properly in my opinion. 

useryF6DkqZHJS
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Anyone heard anything from samsung?

Had on-device-support. Motion and brightness sensors are working on my model.

But there is no update on the Amazon video quality and the (still) missing apps.

0 Likes
user4p3jHjgQeS
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having the same issues with Art Mode turning off. If my TV is completely turned off (i.e., the red light is "ON" underneath the bottom right-hand corner of the TV), and I access art mode from the menu once the TV is powered on...art mode will abruptly turn off after ~1 min. If I try to turn art mode back on by pressing "power," Art mode will return temporarily, however the TV will again abruptly turn off after ~1 min. In this annoying situation, I've noticed the screen will be black, but the red power bottom underneath the TV on the bottom right will be OFF??? Indicating my TV is still on???. 

What Ive noticed strangely, is that if I access art mode after using the TV for an extended period of time (watching TV, apps, etc.), Art mode will remain on for several hours, but again will eventually turn off automatically. 

All I want is for Art mode to stay on, whether I'm turning the TV on from a hard off status, or even after watching apps/etc. Does anyone have any recommendations? It's driving me crazy. 

Amy P
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am issues with the motion sensor on my 2022 75' Frame. I had no issues on the 2021 version I "upgraded" from. Despite all of the settings being turned off, the TV will still turn off after random periods of time. I contacted Samsung and was told to update the software via USB. I did so and it appeared to fix the problem, or so I thought. As soon as I reinstalled the frame, the issue returned. I took the frame back off two days ago and have not experienced any issues with the sensor turning the TV off from art mode. So the frame that I bought WITH my 75' TV is blocking the sensor. What is Samsung going to do about this?

0 Likes
user4p3jHjgQeS
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, 

I am having the same issue with my TV randomly turning off, specifically when it is in art mode. Also, if you could enlighten me on where the actual sensor is...I am having a hard time finding this information on the internet. Also, I have turned off all the timed/motion settings as well, but still had no success leading me to think that's not the issue. 

But, if i understand correctly, to fix this problem...is it as simple to just remove the magnetic frame surrounding the TV? If so, what is Samsung going to do to fix this problem? The reason i bought this TV is to have the decorative frame surrounding the TV.

Thanks!

0 Likes
userTC66RDBZp2
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Also have the "turning off" issue, though it's not really "off", just stuck in limbo where it loses network connectivity and won't turn back on properly, or if it does, doesn't see the soundbar, or keeps forcing me back into art mode and unable to watch TV.  Only solution is to pull the power on the one-connect box daily.  Oh, and the deco frame at least partially blocks the sensor, requiring the remote to be pointed directly at the TV to work, and making the motion sensor useless.  Unfortunately the unusable motion sensor is the last of my worries, I'd just like a TV that can work for more than a day straight without having to be rebooted.

Manually updated the firmware via USB to the latest version released just yesterday, and it's probably even worse now.

P.S:  Whoever made the decision to have the TV always default to "Samsung TV +" after being restarted has a special place in **bleep**.

0 Likes
userctrhMkEi7i
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the 55" 2022 The Frame.   Like you, I am having problems that are frustrating.

The unit worked well for a few weeks, the motion censor will turn the set on and off.

But in the past week, it started to shut down the set even when I'm right infront of it and moving.

It does this even after a hard reset.

I use the set mainly for the Art mode, so now this set is basically useless to me.

Hope Samsung can fix this issue soon.

0 Likes
userfDMc5HUHqT
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the 50" version of 2022 The Frame. I used the frame for about two weeks before we installed the magnetic frame and the motion sensor worked great (with night mode turned off). Now with the magnetic frame it doesn't work well at all. So it's quite easy to tell what the problem is. The magnetic frame blocks the motion sensor for a big part, so it is less responsive. It is very frustrating.

0 Likes
user1e6PKuiIAE
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
I'm on my second TV. The first had what looked like an oily smudge on the right bottom of the screen. I wiped it gently and it turns out it was a problem with the LCD (really bad dirty screen effect coming through all colors). I returned it for a second TV. This one has better gray uniformity but had a dead/hot pixel right out the box. I'm returning this one and going to give it one more shot on a third TV. If this doesn't work out, I'm going LG OLED. I can't see paying 1400 dollars for a TV that has such poor quality control. 55inch purchase
0 Likes
user5RbsV3dcjy
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having the same issues. I have a 2021 model and had no problem with art mode until a few months ago, when I noticed that it would very often turn off automatically despite  my settings to stay on for 1 hour before turning off. It also used to be very sensitive to sound and light but it seems as though my motion sensor has become less sensitive which makes no sense to me. Even turning on the bright overhead lights and even putting a flashlight right in front of the motion sensor doesn't turn it on. I had an absolutely horrendous time with customer service for 3 months before actually getting to use the TV that I purchased last year, and I'm extremely disappointed that over time it somehow stopped working. I feel like this could easily be fixed with some sort of software / firmware update but based on my experiences with Samsung, I am willing to bet I'm just stuck with a bad product they will just refuse to fix.

0 Likes