Original topic:

2022 Frame Issues

(Topic created: 04-06-2022 09:35 AM)
Gewch
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

I wanted to summarize my experience so far with my 2022 Frame TV as I am coming from a 2019 Frame TV and figured some of you 2020/2021 owners may have some insight:

1 - The Motion Sensor sucks again.  I read the manual that talks about changes in Ambient Light.   It seems to work good for turning off Art Mode at night when the lights go out, but when the light returns in the morning (automated blinds open letting the sunlight pour in) Art Mode does not turn back on.  Even as I walk and pass in front of it, nothing happens.  I had to manually turn Art Mode back on this morning.  I NEVER had this problem with the 2019.

2 - The brightness of Art mode is wrong 99% of the time.  This is something I'm not used to since my 2019 Frame was always perfect.  It does not appear accurate at all.  It's too bright at night.  It also appears that enabling Intelligent Mode override the Power & Energy > Brightness Optimization settings as I am unable to select the options on the menu.

3 - Absence of Ambient Mode on the 2022 Frame.  I didn't have it on the 2019 either.  I've seen a lot of content that indicates it was introduced on the 2021 models (hoping someone can verify).  Like my previous experience before - the e-Manuals, documentation, and even marketing material include images of the 2022 Frame and clearly show an Ambient Mode icon on the left side of the OS.  Hoping Samsung can issue a Firmware update to resolve this.  Yes I use Art Mode almost exclusively, but it would be a nice feature to have.

4 - I ordered direct from Samsung.  The shipping styrofoam seems to have left a residue or a mark from rubbing on the Anti Glare screen.  I tried to microfiber it off, but not sure the best cleaning methods on the new Anti-Glare screen.  See attached image.  

frame.jpg

17 Replies
user734264fo532
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
We're on our second 65" Frame, though I'd have to check receipt to know exactly the year model. All works flawlessly.

We got the newer one because I cracked the screen when moving it.

Why did you get a newer one , if the 2019 met to your satisfaction ?
0 Likes
Gewch
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The thinner design and lighter unit were big sellers, not to mention the Anti-Glare screen which really is impressive.

I'm glad yours are meeting expectations.  My 2019 met and exceeded mine as well.  Just unfortunate issues (which mostly seem software related on the 2022).  The exception is that rub on the screen.

0 Likes
userFpN5lRZIK0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

hi - i just got my 2022 65" Frame, and like you am having issues:

- motion sensor not working.   Art mode does switch off after a while if i'm not in the room, but won't turn out when i come back in or walk in front of the tv

- brightness: similar to you, last night with lights dimmed in the room the tv didn't adjust the lighting and so the picture was far too bright 

- ambient mode:  i could be wrong but i think this is a feature for the non-Frame models in order to somewhat mimic Art mode, but not as feature-rich

I'm in two minds about keeping the TV.  It is my first Frame and my previous TV is  a 2017 LG OLED.  The 2017 OLED has a better image but I was/am willing to sacrifice a bit of that for the benefit of Art mode.   But, aside of the motion sensor issues we're both experiencing now, i've been reading about other people who over time keep having issues (with earlier models) and so this is making me think that the whole thing might be more trouble than it's worth, ie if i have to turn it on every time i will no doubt stop doing it after a while and then in effect lose the benefit of the Frame.

Another small frustration: i cannot locate anywhere a manual to download (in order to avoid having to work my way through all the menus when accessing it on the TV)...

I will try to contact support to see if they can help...

good luck

Gewch
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks for the reply!  Good to know I'm not alone.

I will say that the Frame is a wonderful TV when they get all the issues worked out.  The 2019 model I replaced had similar issues when it first launched.  .I love the anti-glare screen on the 2022 - such a great addition.  The plus side of things, most of this is just software.  

For the manual, you can go to the 2022 Frame Product Page and click the Support menu which will take you to a spot to download the manuals (the e-Manual is the comprehensive one).  The downside is they've generalized the manuals so they cover features and stuff that aren't applicable or specific to your TV.

As far as Ambient Mode - it wasn't on the 2019.  I believe they introduced it in 2020 or 2021 on the Frames.  It has some cool features and additions to displaying information (not just art).  The marketing materials clearly show the icon for it so I'm hoping they just forgot to include it in the 2022 and it can be pushed via software update.

usereQU48Vz1YF
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I confirm a quality problem with Amazon Prime Video. Even with a good connection, the quality never reach HD. 

A quick update is needed. Had you also encounter this issue ?

0 Likes
useryF6DkqZHJS
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

You are not alone. can confiorm these issues on GQ65LS03BAUXZG (German version of the 65" 2022 The Frame).

Further: video quality in Amazon Prime Video is very poor (according to german chat support, a known issue), and the app store is missing several apps (like HD+ for german PayTY, Steam Link etc)

Hope this will get fixed soon.

0 Likes
AMc13
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I was having issues with picture quality from my Apple TV as well as Prime (my internet is meh) so I switched from 4k to 1080 within Apple and Prime to counter the slower upload speeds and it worked great on the 2022 Frame. The resolution is still remarkable- although not 4k but the difference is negligible.

0 Likes
useryF6DkqZHJS
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Sorry, but there is no option to change the resolution in Amazon Video (and it is not an option at all on a 2022 4K TV when you have a GBIt connection....)

0 Likes
Gewch
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you for mentioning missing apps!

I use the Xfinity Stream app to watch my Cable Provider content.  I installed the app when I set up the TV and activated it on the Xfinity website.  I used the app for a few days without any problems.

Fast Forward to Friday night, and come to find out the app was uninstalled or removed from my TV.  I checked the App Store and it's no longer available in there either.

Not sure if it's on my Cable Provider (Xfinity) or Samsung... but super frustrating since this is the way I watch Cable TV.