Original topic:

2022 Frame audio sync problem

(Topic created: 08-30-2022 06:32 PM)
userNq1K6fBKBg
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Like many other users here and on Reddit my brand new 2022 Frame has an audio sync issue with the built in speakers in any app.  Pausing the content and resuming usually fixes for a short while.

Maybe instead if ridiculously suggesting we factory reset our TVs (@Samsung_Moderator)  and marking the topic solved you should investigate and fix the firmware!

how do you even ship a TV with this problem in 2022?

Do I have to file a warranty claim????

25 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the '22 Frame and don't see any lip sync issues while streaming the TV native apps such as Netflix and Hulu. What apps are you using? How often does it happen? By the way, I'm on the latest version 1304.0.

0 Likes
userNq1K6fBKBg
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response.  This is my third time attempting to reply to this post thanks for various Samsung website issues.

I can confirm apps affected for me are ESPN, NBC Sports, Roku Channel, and I *think* Netflix -- so that leads me to believe it affects all of them.

I usually notice it after about 20-40 minutes.  As previously mentioned a pause/resume fixes it temporarily.  Although I haven't spent much time with it, I have not been able to replicate the problem when using a bluetooth connected speaker which leads me to believe it only affects the TV speakers.

Latest firmware here as of a week ago.

You are using the TV speakers, right?  If so, can you provide your settings - perhaps it's one of those causing the problem for me.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just watched a movie (with Ads) on The Roku Channel app but didn't see any audio sync issues. But I do use the ESPN app from time to time so I'll be on the lookout.

I actually have all my TV Speaker settings set to default to whatever it came with out of the box.

0 Likes
userNq1K6fBKBg
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I reset my audio settings to default and turned off all the "intelligent" mode **bleep**.

Problem still occurs.

What is interesting is that the audio is AHEAD of the video (unlike most audio lag issues I've experienced in my life on other systems).

I guess I'll file a warranty claim and wait to be disappointed (probably both by the process and the fact that if I get a new set it will probably also have the problem).

homersdonut
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Were you ever able to solve this? I have literally the same issue. I’ve adjusted the manual delay setting to no avail. Works fine for about 20 mins and then the lag is apparent. It happens while watching Samsung TV Plus, The Crave App (which is garbage, and so glitchy), and cable. How hasn’t this been fixed!? You pay that much for a TV expecting at the very least, the audio will work properly

Tjhen
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same issue with my 75 inch frame tv. Reset the audio settings and reset the tv in general and still have the same issue with the tv speakers. And this is the second Frame TV we’ve had in the month that we’ve had the tv. First one audio worked but there was a dead pixel. 

0 Likes
Liakada
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the exact same issue. It happens with all apps. At first it is pretty synced, but then audio and video drift further apart the longer you watch. The video is slower than the audio. I have tried the other fixes they suggested for audio being out of sync, but this seems to be a different issue, since the lag is not consistent, it changes over time. Any solutions yet?

0 Likes
Bl1nker
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same exact issue on our brand new frame. This is outrageous. 

0 Likes
uservpYD6HNeLN
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue - comes and goes, occurs on all apps (hulu, netflix, disney). Pausing fixes temporarily, then it drifts again. Frame 2022 75", built-in speaker

0 Likes