JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2022 Frame won't snap into no gap wall mounts

(Topic created: 07-30-2022 03:00 PM)
manypeeplia
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

In the manual, it shows the wire tv-side mount not fully seated in the wall bracket hook, and indicates "this is wrong." Then a picture of the mount wire loop fully seated in the wall hooks.

I tried with the mounts off the TV and wall, and no amount of force I could apply would make the wire hangers snap into the wall hooks so the assumably could fully close and be held magnetically.

I tried it again assembled and mounted, figuring the weight of the TV might help, but again no amount of force that I could prudently apply would get either mount to close. The TV sits about 20mm off the wall at the top, and closer at the bottom.

Whoever here has installed 2022 on the wall: were you able to snap the mounts fully closed? How, exactly?

3 Replies
Solution
userZRjD7D9YoC
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I had the same problem. Remove the mounts from the back of the TV, then place the metal bar in the wall bracket and pull down, hard, until it snaps into place. Do this 2 or 3 times to loosen it up. This took way more force than expected. After doing that on both sides, put back on the TV, get it centered on the bracket, and pull down from the top of the TV frame on both sides at the same time. Doing one side at a time didn't work for me. This finally got them both seated.

manypeeplia
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is a great idea! 

I tried to test snap the brackets before assembly, but no amount of force I could exert would get them to snap in. So I thought they were designed for the weight of the TV. But no luck after hanging either, is have to break the TV to exert enough force for them to snap.

I like your idea of exercising them several times, hard, before attaching the fragile TV. I'll try that.

They have some bad quality control issues, because these things are crazy tight. They probably made them this way to make the TV more secure on the wall, yet the result is that they are so tight that literally no one snaps them (watch all the install videos on YouTube) and so all the TVs are just hanging precariously on these tiny hooks. Nuts.

Thank you for the advice!

0 Likes
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

Ok - your response helped me!  I took my phone flashlight and looked behind and could confirm the bars were not seated all the way in the wall mount.  I did not remove the TV, but rather lifted up - one side at a time and pushed back down with a little force and both sides went in completely and the magnets latched!