JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2nd Attempt - QN65Q7CAM - Deleting APPS and Returning APPS / SAMSUNG where are you?

(Topic created: 04-05-2021 07:00 AM)
bearhntr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is my SECOND attempt to get SAMSUNG to answer this - or at least CHIME IN!

I have the above TV - about 3 years now (in July) - and I have 2 apps - I keep deleting and they keep coming back (SPOTIFY and YOUTUBE).  I never use these - I delete them, and the next time I power ON the TV - there they are again, starring me in the face.  I must have deleted then 100 times each - WHAT GIVES?  

There are APPS on here that I never - ever use.  NETFLIX, PANDORA, PBS KIDS, etc.  I am not able to delete...even when using instructions I have found for enabling DEVELOPER MODE.  They simply will not come OFF.  How do I get rid of them?   They are eating SPACE on the TV - and I want the space back - seeing how there is NO WAY to add space/RAM/Memory to this TV.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mike9165
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Those are preloaded system files and do not take up any space on user available storage. You do not have access to system files, best you can do is uninstall any updates for them, those updates are on user memory and uninstalling the updates my free up a little room.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Mike9165
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Those are preloaded system files and do not take up any space on user available storage. You do not have access to system files, best you can do is uninstall any updates for them, those updates are on user memory and uninstalling the updates my free up a little room.
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.