JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

55” Q80T Red Light Flashing Screen Won’t Turn On

(Topic created: 07-28-2022 06:31 PM)
userDLYGCxBp6d
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

When plugged in the light will flash a couple times fast, then once slowly, then the screen starts up black with a horizontal line towards the bottom, the line disappears, then the black screen turns off, repeat infinitely. 

I’ve done a reset(unplugged for every length of time then held power button, then plugged in held button 30/60 seconds). 
Changed outlets, changed power cord, even changed the entire power supply board inside the tv with another one, no difference.

I’ve had this $1200 tv for just over a year, not positive what to do next, I found once that checking each pin on each led strip for a short can cause the issue but I’m not really sure about that process and can’t find any resources.

Please someone help me if you would be so kind.

0B1554C8-8ABE-4844-9012-66C9FC129063.jpeg

30A4C91D-793C-49C6-9F76-D8141D4E54F8.jpeg

E17A910A-780A-4468-BD9C-8D9C6412D843.jpeg

6 Replies
Solution
Options
QLED and The Frame
It may be one of the motherboards faulting out. You can either get it repaired or buy a new one (unfortunately)
userDLYGCxBp6d
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Any way to check which board? Maybe the one with the hdmi ports? I already did the power board so why not.

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame
Just open the back and see I guess. Usually there's only 2 boards but there may be more. It could be worse than that but I think it may be the main board because of the way it's acting.
Options
QLED and The Frame
Basically yes the one with those ports
userDLYGCxBp6d
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Ok ordering a main board now, thanks man, other option is the LED board. There’s no visible damage to any of the boards so looking doesn’t help. It’ll be here in a week then I’ll either order the LED board or cry and save up for another brand.

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame
I can only assume you got unlucky or something. I hate fully taking apart a TV, last one I took apart I broke the glass and just bought a new one of the same brand. Lol but anyways good luck, it could potentially be that other board I really don't know
0 Likes