JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

65" Class Q900TS QLED 8K UHD HDR Smart TV (2020 model) Q-Symphony Glitch with Q900T Sound Bar

(Topic created: 05-18-2023 09:08 AM)
usernvjQIY6nWO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I purchased a Q900TS back in 2021 along with a Q900T Sound Bar mostly because of the q-symphony feature. I set it up first via HDMI Arch. Sound was great however it would intermittently "glitch", especially noticeable in movies. With the glitch, I would randomly lose sound for 1-3 seconds before everything would start working again.  The movie or show would not freeze, it is only a loss of audio. This occurs whether I am streaming through Apple TV, using an app from Samsung's TV OS, or playing a DVD. I filed a service report at the time and was told to try different set ups. After a discussion with Samsung support, first thing I tried was connecting via wifi instead of HDMI. Again, system worked but the same glitch occurred. I filed an additional request for support and was told a software patch would likely be issued to fix the issue. However, I am now in Spring of 2023 and still experiencing the same glitch. On my own I have tried different settings, reset the TV and soundbar to factory defaults, and still get the same glitch. Are there any fixes for this? 

5 Replies
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Home Theater

I can offer some general troubleshooting steps that might help resolve the audio glitch issue:

1. Check for software updates: Ensure that both your TV and soundbar have the latest firmware installed. You can usually find firmware updates on the manufacturer's website or by using the TV's built-in software update feature.

2. Check HDMI cables: Make sure the HDMI cables you're using are high-quality and properly connected. Try using different HDMI cables to rule out any potential issues with the cables themselves.

3. Adjust audio settings: Experiment with different audio settings on your TV and soundbar. Disable any audio processing features or enhancements that may be causing conflicts. You can also try adjusting the audio format settings (e.g., PCM, Dolby Digital) to see if it makes a difference.

4. Resetting the devices: Perform a complete power cycle by unplugging both the TV and soundbar from the power source for a few minutes. Then plug them back in and power them on again.

5. Contact Samsung support: Since you've already contacted Samsung support in the past, it's worth reaching out to them again to provide an update on the situation. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be able to offer further assistance based on your specific model and issue.

Remember to provide as much detail as possible about the issue, including any error messages or specific circumstances in which the audio glitch occurs. This can help the support team diagnose the problem more accurately.

I hope these suggestions prove helpful

0 Likes
usernvjQIY6nWO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have completed 1... For , 2 not only did I try different HDMI cables, but I bypassed HDMI all together establishing a wifi connection between TV/speaker.... for  3 I have tried every combination of audio settings on the TV....  For 4 I not only power cycled but reset both the sound bar and TV to factory defaults, which is the biggest pain of all as you then have reconnect with SmartThings and resync everything.... Still after doing all of this, glitch persists... Contacting service again, their first  "solution" was to reset to factory settings... again.... Didn't work this time either.... 

0 Likes
Austill
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Why isn't Call Guardian Working
0 Likes
Austill
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Says cant connect
0 Likes
Solution
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Home Theater

I apologize for the ongoing issues you're experiencing with your Q900TS TV and Q900T Soundbar. It seems that you have already tried various troubleshooting steps and have been in contact with Samsung support multiple times without a resolution. While I don't have access to specific information on software patches or fixes for this particular issue, here are a few additional suggestions you can consider:

1. Firmware updates: Ensure that both your TV and soundbar have the latest firmware updates installed. Visit the Samsung support website and enter your model numbers to check for any available firmware updates. Installing the latest firmware may address known issues and improve overall system stability.

2. Verify HDMI cables: Double-check the HDMI cables you are using to connect your devices. Make sure they are high-quality, certified HDMI cables that are capable of handling the bandwidth required for 8K content. You can also try using different HDMI ports on your TV to rule out any potential issues with specific ports.

3. External interference: Consider the possibility of external interference affecting the audio signal. Try moving any other electronic devices or wireless routers away from the TV and soundbar to minimize potential interference.

4. Separate audio connection: If possible, try using a separate audio connection option like optical or HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) instead of relying solely on HDMI eARC. This can help determine if the issue is specific to the HDMI connection.

Regarding your mention of Call Guardian, it seems to be a separate issue. Without more information about the specific error message or the context in which you are encountering the problem, it's difficult for me to provide specific guidance. I recommend reaching out to the Call Guardian support team for assistance in troubleshooting and resolving the issue.

I understand the frustration you're experiencing, and I hope that one of these suggestions or further support from Samsung will help resolve the issues you're facing.