JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

65" Class Q90R QLED Smart 4K UHD TV (2019) MODEL NUMBER: QN65Q90RAFXZA won't power on

(Topic created: 07-26-2020 05:41 PM)
jcp001
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The TV shut down while we were watching this morning.  Now there are no lights, not even the standby power light.  

I have done the following:

• Unplugged the wall power for 30 minutes (verified power at wall outlet)
  • Tried turning on the TV using the power button on the TV
  • Unplugged the One Connect box from the screen, waited 30 minutes and tried again
  • Checked for kinks or cuts in the wire leading from the One Connect box to TV
  • Unplugged the antenna (this was the only other connection plugged in)

I did notice that the firmware updated yesterday (not sure of the versions), but the TV worked perfectly all yesterday and this morning.  

Any way to reset the system or further check the power?  Other t/s steps?  Any suggestions at all? 

0 Likes
11 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm sorry to hear that, how long have you had this TV? Also just to confirm do you have the TV plugged into any kind of surge protector? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jcp001
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The TV was purchased in August 2019.  I did have it plugged into a surge protector, but it is directly plugged into the wall outlet now.  

65" Class Q90R QLED Smart 4K UHD TV (2019)

MODEL NUMBER: QN65Q90RAFXZA
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

So that I may look into this further can you send me a private message with your full serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user5ICJ3ktHRn
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Im having this exact issue as the op. It all of a sudden turned off. I do have the red light on the bottom of the tv on but the usual standby light in the corner is off. I try holding the power button down on the tv and i can hear the what sounds like the one connect box making a noise but not sure if thats normal or not. Still have some more research to do but i hope i dont have to have a tech come out. 

I just bought this tv about 8 months ago when my old(2016) Samsung JS8500 starting having a bad edge bleed problem and the screen just kept getting darker and darker over the weeks where you could barely make out what was happening on the tv.

Any help or ideas on what to do next ?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm sorry to hear that, if you do not have the TV plugged into a surge protector and this is still happening while being plugged directly into the wall outlet service would be recommended please send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I may look into this? 

0 Likes
jcp001
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Done.

0 Likes
jcp001
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

We had to have a service tech out for the repair. The service ticket says they replaced the main PCB within the tv section (not the One Console box). 

0 Likes
user72TNO0sFnN
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the exact same issue and it is so frustrating. I have the TV now for 17 months so beyond warranty. 

1.  Where is the power button on the TV?

2. Does the TV get its power from the one connect box?

3. Is a surge protector recommended?

4. should I try replacing the one connect box?

5. what is the best way to get it fixed?

please help urgently. 

0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

I would love to assist you with this. 

The power button would be located underneath the Samsung logo. 

Is your standby light on, off, or flashing?

If the standby light is on:

• It is normal for the standby light to be lit when the TV is turned off (as long as it is plugged in and receiving power). But if the TV still won't turn on when you try, the only thing left to rule out is the remote.

First, try turning on the TV without the remote. (The Power button's location varies depending on your TV's model. If you are not sure where it is located, see your user manual.)

• If the TV turns on this way but not with your remote, troubleshoot the remote.
    • If your TV still will not turn on, service is required. 

If the standby light is off:

• Without using the remote, press any button on your TV except Power.
    • If anything appears on the screen when you interact with the controls, this confirms your TV is on. You can continue troubleshooting by going to the next step.
  • Unplug the TV for 30 seconds, and then plug it into a working outlet.
    • If the standby light comes on (and doesn't flash or blink), your TV is receiving power and will probably turn on now just fine. This means there is an issue with the original outlet, or the surge protector if you were using one. If it still doesn't turn on even though the standby light is now on, continue troubleshooting in the section for TV won't turn on, and standby light is on.
    • If the standby light comes on but flashes or blinks, or if the standby light still doesn't come on, service is required

If the standby light is flashing:

• Surge protectors may eventually wear out and stop providing the necessary voltage for your TV. If you're using one, make sure that you rule this out before you set up service for a flashing standby light.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent by visiting any mod's profile. 

0 Likes