Original topic:

65" QN800A Sound Issue

(Topic created: 07-30-2022 08:26 PM)
user4EbEmTz3fR
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Bought QN800A last year around Nov/Dec and have had sound issue since day one. When lower bass frequencies are played it sounds as though plastic or metal is rattling. I have had 5 service calls over the last 9 months with no resolution. They replaced speakers, main board, checked all setting, etc. Even spent hours on the phone with Samsung engineer as he remoted into tv and unable to find a fix. I just had a service call on Monday, July 25th and again no solution found. I have been dealing with customer service and they tell me I must schedule another service call. I am beyond frustrated with the customer service. I expect when I purchase a product that it performs as advertised. If it does not, then I expect the company to resolve the issue in a timely manner or replace the product.

9 Replies
120MPHorBent
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Try nerd squad at a best buy, I'll bet they can help...or some local stereo installation tech
0 Likes
tomsframe
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame

Seems it's not so much a Sound issue as a physical thing i.e. something is rattling at certain frequencies. Have you been able to reliably reproduce the rattle sound? Touched and felt all over the outside of the chassis for a buzz?

If the buzzing is internall to the chassis then obviously it would require a tech to take it apart and look for the culprit. If you can at least localize the area of the buzz then maybe some carefully placed foam or felt pads would stop the sympathetic vibration.

0 Likes
user4EbEmTz3fR
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Tried that with service tech. Removed back panel and tried to isolate issue
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
TV's aren't meant to reproduce low bass. Sounds like you need a subwoofer. In the meantime turn down the bass in the audio settings of your TV to keep it from rattling.
0 Likes
user4EbEmTz3fR
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Still does it with bass turned down
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
If they've already looked at it multiple times and can't fix it and it's still under warranty then tell them you want a replacement.
0 Likes
user4EbEmTz3fR
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
I have. But they keep telling me I have to schedule another service call. Going to be sixth service call and they won't replace it
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
File a BBB complaint.
0 Likes
tomsframe
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame

At 5 service calls you should by now be on a first name basis with the people who have come-out to your house i.e. I wonder why you are not dealing with them directly vs. calling Samsung???

0 Likes