Original topic:

75 INCH QLED TV has large wide brown lines running down the picture

(Topic created: 04-11-2022 06:45 AM)
user11vyXwGOeJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi,

I'm looking for advice if this is something that is possible to repair.  I have a 1 year old 75" QLED TV that has very large,wide brown lines running down the picture.

I contacted Samsung customer support to see what my options are to have it repaired.  I bought the TV a year ago.  Samsung customer support assured me the tv was still in warranty and would send a tech to take a look at it, then they created a warranty service ticket for me and assigned it to a local tech.  The tech called and said they were short staffed and had to decline the ticket.  Samsung then sent the ticket o the escalation group to try to get me an accomodation.  The escalation group kicked the ticket back to customet support and said a tech needed to come out.  they assigned it to the tech again and the tech called back to say they were short staffed and needed to decline the ticket....this back and forth went on for a while and finally the escaltion team said they were going to setup and exchange with Best Buy and would call me back with the details.  the they called me back to say the warranty expired 2 weeks ago and there was no longer anything they could do.

so that was a bit of a long story, so I'm just wondering if this is an issue that anyone has had luck with repairing?  is it an expensive repair?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
user11vyXwGOeJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I tried, but haven't gotten anywhere.

I wasn't even sure if the TV was under warranty when I first called.  I just wanted to know if it could be repaired.  But when I gave them the seriel number and other info, the told me it was still under warranty.  Then after all of the back and forth they said the warranty had just expired before I contacted them.  So I'm out of luck I guess.

I was just hopeing to find out if this was an issue that is repairable and if anybody else had this issue?  Or if I need to buy a new TV.  These QLEDs are really expensive (for me anyway) and I didn't want to just have it be a complete loss.

0 Likes
user11vyXwGOeJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

just tried it.  left it unplugged for a few minutes.  no change.  still have large wide brown areas.  it's kind of like the backlight is not lighting up some sections.

0 Likes
user11vyXwGOeJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

so Again the repair company Samsung told me to contact for out of warranty repair said they can't work on 75" tvs.  So i'm completely out of luck.  Broken TV, warranty expired last month, nobody will service it.  Guess it's a total loss 😞

0 Likes
user8yio3UYPFX
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
Bring it back to the store you bought it from and tell them to "KEEP IT"
0 Likes