Original topic:

82-inch QN82Q60RAFXZA Q60 LOUD POP and FLASH- TV WON'T TURN BACK ON

(Topic created: 04-12-2022 01:02 PM)
userjbHLGL4g7y
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've had my 82-inch Samsung tv for 1.5 years. As I was turning the tv off one day, I heard a loud pop and tv flash then the tv turned off.  It would not turn back on. Just continued to make a clicking noise. I paid to have an authorized Samsung tv technical come look at the tv to trouble shoot the issue. I explained the occurrence to the technician and explained that the tv was plugged into a power surge and there were no power issues within the home and no storms at the time. He ordered a new main board and installed it in the tv. This did not solve the problem. He tested the power board and determined this it was working properly and that was not the problem. He determined that there was a short in the tv panel that would be costly to repair (around $1,500). He stated that this is a common issue with the 82-inch Q60 tv's and that he has been repairing many  similar Samsung tv's with the same issue. Unfortunately, I did not purchase the extended protection plan since I have not encountered any issues with the other 4 Samsung tv's that I currently have in my home. In the past, I have found that Samsung tv's were a good product and reliable. But, it appears  that their product and indifference to help solve the issue has greatly diminished my satisfaction with the company and the product. After several conversations with customer service, their only suggestion was to buy a new tv,  stated in a particularly rude fashion. Sure, I will be purchasing a new tv, but it definitely will not be a Samsung. ***Buyer Beware!!!***

Model Code: QN82Q60RAFXZA

Version NO: FA01/QRQ60

S/N: O86P3CAM400971F

0 Likes
2 Replies
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
Check out OLED's.
0 Likes
userdffuCUiyY2
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Agree - had the same exact issue with my 82-inch Q60 - after just 2 years - NEVER buy Samsung again 

0 Likes