JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

82" Class Q60 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV: Loud pop - now there is no power, can't turn back on

(Topic created: 01-04-2023 09:35 AM)
bmeredith
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

My Samsung - 82" Class Q60 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV, QN82Q60RAFXZA, purchased just 3 years ago (Dec 2019), just made a loud pop noise and now it won't turn on. The sound seemed like it came from the upper right corner on the back of the device. On further inspection this seems to be where the power cord enters the device. After trouble shooting the remote and the surge protector in which the device was plugged, I found that it still wouldn't turn on. There are no standby lights (neither white, red nor solid, blinking) no picture, no sound. The power cable has no damage and there has never been a power issue with this device. I plugged the device into multiple outlets even though the initial outlet, in which the surge protector had been plugged, appeared to be working. Still no power. I disconnected all inputs except the power cord, still no power. Just dead as a doornail, no matter what I do.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame
You would need to contact support and have a service ticket issued to come and diagnose the issue your having sounds like something blow in the TV and won't send power to the rest of the television

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame
You would need to contact support and have a service ticket issued to come and diagnose the issue your having sounds like something blow in the TV and won't send power to the rest of the television

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
bmeredith
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

thanks GaryB82, I went through the process to set up a repair appoint. We'll see how it goes! I'll post the diagnosis here once I get one.

Pok3MasterPlat
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
Sounds like you might have blown a transformer on the circuit board inside, gonna need a professional.
bmeredith
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you for your responses to my question. Here's the final report the TV repair.  My Samsung - 82" Class Q60 flat screen TV made a loud pop noise and would not turn on. On January 4th I requested a service call through my Samsung account. Tom (from Tom's TV Repair, serving PA, MD and DE) called me that same day to discuss the potential faults in my TV with me. He provided two possible diagnoses - power supply blown or LED burnt out in the back light. He advised that it would be one repair or the other and that the TV was definitely repairable for a cost between $350 - $600. He did mention to me that a backlight burnout replacement is difficult on a screen as large as mine because it is hard to get the LED panel out without breaking the screen (rendering the repair cost prohibitive). I thought my TV was going to be out of service for months but Tom ordered the parts and was at my house repairing my TV nine days later! Tom ended up replacing the power supply which was the less complicated and less expensive repair. He was very prompt, prepared, courteous, informative, efficient and the price was very affordable, especially considering the replacement cost for the TV. Getting the TV repaired was definitely worth it! Added perk, Tom was honest, friendly and a generally nice person.IMG_2197.jpeg

GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame

Happy you were able to get it repaired so fast and you can finally enjoy your Television 

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

We're glad that you're up and running! 🙂

0 Likes
bmeredith
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

lol, my son just looked at the board and he identified a capacitor that blew up (the circled part in the center). It blew right in half and there were burn marks under the paste on the board itself. He didn't think the part I circled (in the upper left) was a major fault. At first he thought it might just be a bit of dirt but then maybe that capacitor blew from a prior surge.

IMG_2197.jpeg

0 Likes