Original topic:

ARC issues with Q950R, Q90R and Yamaha receivers

(Topic created: 07-26-2020 01:01 PM)
userXh4XgHoCkN
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

I have two Samsung TVs (65" Q950R and 55" Q90R) and two Yamaha receivers RX-A3080 and RX-V685 and I can't get arc to work. I tried the 65" with 3080 and 685 same also with the 55" but no luck. I get them connected, I can control power on/off, volume up/down but there is no sound. I have also changed cables. Everytime I connect them I get the same message on TVs "Receiver HDMI Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port. Although is connected to HDMI 3 and the HDMI. I have tried resetting both TVs and Yamaha receivers. Note that i have enabled HDMI-CEC on Samsung TVs and HDMI control on both Yamaha receivers. Also note that firmware is fully updated on all devices.

Any ideas???

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userXh4XgHoCkN
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello all,

After spending a lot of time with my installer we finally found the issue.

It seems that the boxes from my cable TV provider causing the issue on both yamaha receivers. I haven't though about it as I had them connected on yamaha HDMI. It seems that they were messing with HDMI CEC causing the sound to be mute. I have contacted my TV provider and provide me with new boxes(another model) and problem solved!

Thanks

View solution in context

0 Likes
19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Have you tried changing the audio format in the televisions' Settings>Sound>Expert Settings?

Have you tried a different HDMI cable that supports ARC?

userXh4XgHoCkN
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

I have tried 3 different HDMI cables that all supports ARC

I have also tried using PCM, Dolby and Dolby Digital+ without any success

0 Likes
userXh4XgHoCkN
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

pictureARC.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

How is everything connected? Is everything connected to the receiver and then to the television or everything connected to the television and ARC to the receiver?

0 Likes
userXh4XgHoCkN
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have everything on the receiver. On the tv i have only the receiver on one connect box hdmi 3(arc)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Have you tried connecting everything to the television and then to the receiver?

In your current configuration, ARC is not being used.

Audio Return Channel is intended for the HDMI ports on the television to communicate with each other so it can send sound from one port to another. You are currently only sending video to the television and the television sees the receiver as a video device instead of an audio device.

0 Likes
userXh4XgHoCkN
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

Thanks for your reply but this is totally unrelated. I want to use ARC to send sound from my TV's native apps(netflix / prime video / plex) back to my receiver. On the receiver I have connected my set top box(which works perfect) from my provider for local channels.

0 Likes
useriB9FR599Ru
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I got the same error message on my q80 following the firmware update Samsung pushed in last couple weeks.  My tv is connected to Sonos beam via hdmi.    Can't get rid of it though it doesn't always appear.   I assume this is an error in the new firmware logic since the arc features works fine.  

0 Likes
userUA9j6NsFlI
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same problem with a 55" TU8000.  I'm running the Roku and DirecTv Satellite Box inputs through a Denon AVR into the Samsung,  I'm using a Harmony Companion to control the whole mess.  After 10 tedious hours, I finally managed to make almost everything work, although I went through so many iterations that I can't tell you how I did it.   The one remaining bug is that the "your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC.  Please connect to the HDMI2(ARC) port."  If such is the case, why is everything working?  The message stays on for a few seconds, then disappears, and all is ok.  All I want to do now is rid myself of the annoying message.

0 Likes