Original topic:

Alexa commands for art mode

(Topic created: 11-23-2020 03:51 AM)
useriY8bkjvuO7
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi all,

Alexa is setup and working fine on my frame tv but when I use the  command to turn the tv off it goes off (no surprise) but not into art mode like it does when when you use the power button on the universal remote. When off the motion sensor does not enable art to be displayed.

So Is there a Alexa command to change the tv to art mode instead of off

regards

Andy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useriY8bkjvuO7
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes there appears to be an option for ambient mode which is feature on many Samsung TVs but as art mode is limited to the frame and high end Samsung TVs it seems to have been forgotten to be added to the skills available to Alexa which I've now had to learn to live with, without automation. Let's hope the list of skills provided to Alexa from Samsung grows in time.

View solution in context

5 Replies
userPfeqMFv5TU
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've had random luck with the command word "launch".  Saying "Alexa, launch art mode" into my echo will change my Frame TV into ambient mode. It's kind of weird.
It is like the Art Mode and Ambient Mode are apps that can be open and closed instead of an input or source being changed. I've yet to get the Art Mode to open via Alexa though. Sorry for the partial answer. 

0 Likes
Solution
useriY8bkjvuO7
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes there appears to be an option for ambient mode which is feature on many Samsung TVs but as art mode is limited to the frame and high end Samsung TVs it seems to have been forgotten to be added to the skills available to Alexa which I've now had to learn to live with, without automation. Let's hope the list of skills provided to Alexa from Samsung grows in time.

userO0sHzXabvB
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I found a way You have to create a routine in which you turn on the television, set a 5 second delay, and then turn it off. this will set art mode to automatic. You may  name the routine art mode, so when you say it  Alexa will “activate this mode”

user8VADttcIFD
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I followed these instructions but my tv turns off completely again! Do you have more information on how you did it?

userlKwKjiegXb
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I was able to get this to work!

Install the SmartThings app on your phone and add your TV.

Automations --> Plus Sign --> Add Automation

If --> Device Status --> (your TV) --> Off --> Save

Then --> Control Devices --> (your TV) --> Next --> Ambient Mode On --> Save

Done --> Name your Automation

Now whenever you turn your TV off, it will power off, then immediately go into Ambient mode.

You can add other "If" conditions to ensure this only happens during certain times of day, or when you are home.

This works on my 2019 Q70R QLED. Hope this helps!