Original topic:

An annoying incompatibility for mkv with flac audio tracks

(Topic created: 10-03-2022 02:03 AM)
neg2sode
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've bought a QN90A smart TV recently.

Overall it worked amazingly well, but there is one problem that made me mad. I've stored a lot of videos extracted from Blu-rays, which, were mostly mkv with flac audio tracks. To avoid arguing, I've tested playing them from a USB disk and a NAS.

It turned out that there would always be a delay of audio of around 2 (I haven't tested what it exactly is but I can say it must be a fixed number) seconds. Which is INTOLERABLE as I had to convert them all in order to watch them normally.

By the way, I tried to replace the flac audio track with an aac one, and it went on perfectly.

If this problem is fixed, I would be glad to buy another Samsung TV for my family 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
Try using Smart View and cast from your phone to your TV.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
Let me just make sure I'm understanding this correctly, your jerry-rigged audio and video files don't play correctly on the TV and you believe it's Samsung's fault correct?
0 Likes
neg2sode
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Well I mean, those files were correctly played on my computer in VLC, mpv and ffplay, and could be perfectly recognized and decoded by ffmpeg.

When it comes to my TV, this tiny but annoying problem has happened. I've only thought of reaching for help at here.

0 Likes
Solution
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
Try using Smart View and cast from your phone to your TV.
neg2sode
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Has anyone else bumped into the same issue?

The key point is that there is a problem with mkv/flac compatibility on my machine with Tizen. If it is a unique problem, how can I buy a single machine (not with the TV) to replace it?

0 Likes