JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Auto Game Mode stopped working

(Topic created: 12-29-2021 05:46 PM)
userHDTrtQHLfs
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've been using my PS4 with my QE43LS03RAU Frame TV for 2 years and my PS5 since it's launch date (over a year) and auto game mode has been working fine all that time.

Today I noticed my TV was showing the Samsung logo screensaver - so I assume it updated it's firmware? - and then I noticed that auto game mode is now no longer even a choice I can make - it is greyed out! 

I have just spent a few hours trying different settings on not only the TV but also the consoles - all to no avail. 

The TV does recognise the the device attached is a "Game Console" as it says "Game Console Detected" - but it won't let me use it as a game console by allowing auto mode. 

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html, or contact your regional Samsung Community here: https://r1.community.samsung.com/.

0 Likes
userHDTrtQHLfs
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I checked and I was on software version 1385. I saw that there was a version 1392 on the website so I tried installing that. Still no joy. I then tried new cables and the different hdmi ports (again) and still no solution.

Apparently there is no way of downgrading the firmware so at the moment it looks like I will have to get this TV changed under warranty  - but I feel like putting my foot through it.

Why is software quality control so rubbish nowadays? This has cost me four hours of my life and no solution.

This is definitely a Samsung bug as it has affected both PS4 and PS5 suddenly in one day - neither of which have been changed. I wish I still had an Xbox to try - bet it doesn't work on that either.

0 Likes
Solution
userHDTrtQHLfs
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Okay, the UK chat support guys sorted it for me by remotely clearing the HMDI ports - it does look like a PS4 is needed to enable auto game mode though! PS5 by itself would not work until I turned on the PS4 which opened the auto game mode. Just thought that might help someone else.

0 Likes