JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blue/purple haze on dark images

(Topic created: 09-14-2022 05:50 AM)
usercrR1i5fyMx
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just purchased a 2022 The Frame 65" TV and I can see a pretty severe blue/purple tint or haze on dark content when looking at the screen from a slight angle. Turning the backlight down all the way makes it more difficult to see but never completely eliminates it. Is this normal? Or is it a defective unit? I tried factory reset, updating firmware, and adjusting color settings but it never goes away. The following images should show a white square and black background. Color mode is filmmaker.

20220913_192146.jpg

20220913_192135.jpg

20220913_190828.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be frustrating with your new TV having these display issues. As you have done the relevant troubleshooting the next step would be service. As you have recently purchased this you will have a couple of options: 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup

View solution in context

2 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
We are on our second 65" Frame (I lost my grip on the first one removing it from wall) .... we've NEVER seen that issue (or any issue, for that matter.

Contact the reseller, or Samsung if bought directly
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be frustrating with your new TV having these display issues. As you have done the relevant troubleshooting the next step would be service. As you have recently purchased this you will have a couple of options: 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup