JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Border of TV has a bright light showing on right side

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 05:59 AM)
userxUuKTiZXBi
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi, I just bought a Samsung 65inch QLED Q80 a few weeks ago. I didn't notice at first, but the right side of the TV has a bright line along the border. It almost looks line it's coming unglued. How can this be fixed?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kill-Stone
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I had a similar problem with my Q70T. When you turn off the tv, look at the area where the light is shining through, does the reflection of your room seem to warp around that part of the screen? For mine it was like the lcd panel wasn't  fully in the frame.

Don't try to push it out, you could break the panel and void your warranty. I had to return mine for a whole new unit, which wasn't easy because mine was 85" and I live in a remote area. 

it's not worth fighting with. It's defective. Return it and replace it with a new one. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Kill-Stone
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I had a similar problem with my Q70T. When you turn off the tv, look at the area where the light is shining through, does the reflection of your room seem to warp around that part of the screen? For mine it was like the lcd panel wasn't  fully in the frame.

Don't try to push it out, you could break the panel and void your warranty. I had to return mine for a whole new unit, which wasn't easy because mine was 85" and I live in a remote area. 

it's not worth fighting with. It's defective. Return it and replace it with a new one. 

userxUuKTiZXBi
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks @Kill-Stone I was thinking to do that, but I was hoping not to because I had to lift it up the stairs. I wish I had seen it sooner, but I am in the return time limit. The Samsung support guy I talked to was helpful offering to repair it, but seemed like replacing made more sense since i only had it for like 10 days.Right sideRight side

0 Likes