JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

CBS All Access app not working on Q6 smart TV

(Topic created: 01-29-2020 12:34 PM)
Mike_L
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Anyone else having problems using thw downloaded CBS All Access app in the Samsung smart hub on thir smart TV? I can watch only 1 show at time or even if I just start a show and stop it, go back to cable TV then return to the app it freezes, locks up or gives me the "Uh-oh! CBS is having a problem..." message. A google serach shows that many have had this issue. Wondering if anyone knows aof a concrete solution that will fix this problem (other than using a Firestick or Roku to stream this servce). Can anyone help? Samsung doesn't even seem to know about it and CBS is not being responsive. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mike_L
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The solution is the CBS All Access app needs to be version 1.20.2 to work on these TVs. For some reason Samsung was providing the older verson 1.18 through their download store. Don't know if it this is Samsung's fault, CBS's fault or both. My TV eventually auto-updated the app and now it works correctly. I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several time prior to no avail. 

Either Samsung did not keep their apps up to date or CBS did not make the latest verson available for Samsung. Regardless, it's terrible that I had to buy a Firestick to effectively watch CBS All Access until the problem eventually resolved itself. Not good on Samsung and CBS All Access for me having to fight with this issue for a couple of weeks. 😞  

View solution in context

9 Replies
Mike_L
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Also, if I reinstall the app via the App Settings it will start working again, only to crash on next episode and/or next time I try to use the app. Super frustrating! This is why I bought a new smart TV and it can't even run a third-party app. that has been around since 2017? 

0 Likes
Solution
Mike_L
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The solution is the CBS All Access app needs to be version 1.20.2 to work on these TVs. For some reason Samsung was providing the older verson 1.18 through their download store. Don't know if it this is Samsung's fault, CBS's fault or both. My TV eventually auto-updated the app and now it works correctly. I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several time prior to no avail. 

Either Samsung did not keep their apps up to date or CBS did not make the latest verson available for Samsung. Regardless, it's terrible that I had to buy a Firestick to effectively watch CBS All Access until the problem eventually resolved itself. Not good on Samsung and CBS All Access for me having to fight with this issue for a couple of weeks. 😞  

J_R-15
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having the same issue with my 2016 UN65KS9500 Smart TV.  Today the CBS All Access application would not start and had a complete black screen when I select the CBS All Access App.  In the past I could turn off the TV and the CBS App would finally load.  In this case today, it would not load.  I had to deinstall and resinstall the App through the Smart TV.  When I got it started, I could see the version with the reinstallation was 1.20.2.  Hopefully, this will correct the issue if I had an earlier version.  I also had automatic updates turned on. If it does not, I will respond to this post.  Side note, the CBS App is the worst off all the other streaming services in my opinion. We have had issues across a series of devices and tablets.  Other services always work without issues or difficulties.  So the issues are not with the network, routers or other devices.  It is either Samsung or CBS.

0 Likes
J_R-15
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is a continuation post from a few days ago.  I went back to watch CBS  All Access on my Samsung UN65KS9500 Smart TV and this time the app also will not start.  The same black screen is shown.  I know for a fact the version is 1.20.2 that was installed the other day after the deinstallation and reinstall of the application.  The correction today was to unplug the Samsung TV from the wall and let it do a complete reboot.  This allowed the CBS All Access app to start.  In my case upgarding to version 1.20.2 was not the answer to the CBS All Access stability issues.

The community needs a repliable fix for this issue with the Samsung TVs. If anyone finds an answer, please post it here.

0 Likes
userKjy3UoHnQ3
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I do to

0 Likes
userEHNomH9lqb
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Does anyone know this issue had been really resolved? This has been very frustrating for past several months, if not more.

I suspect the underlying cause send to be the CBS app's failure to write/update the current checkpoint updates to somewhere onto the cloud, don't know for sure this status update, so it can pick up where you left off the last screen, to either domain our CBS cloud.

One discrepancy is notice is that, the CBS app version in Samsung app settings said the version is 1.17.02, but the settings inside the CBS app itself said 1.20. The App version doesn't change, even if I remove and install it multiple times.

The situation is getting worse, CBS own promotion ads failed with audio, it won't get back even when the ad is dinner.

The video at times would rewind back near the end of a given episode.

Please let me know who shall I contact/communicate to complaint this issue. I have created a ticket with Samsung to through the support page on the smart TV itself, waiting for the call back.

I also have a smaller old fire TV in my bedroom, which have slightly different symptom with CBS app. I would need to POR the TV if and when I state watching shows in CBS All Access app. Once I start watching, it has no problem.

I have other streaming apps, Prime, Netflix, Hulu among others. CBS is the only apps I am experiencing problems. [I notice the audio sync issues on this TV , only in CBS app.] 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

We advise contacting the CBS support team for assistance.

0 Likes
MargieB
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
My Samsung Smart tv will not play the local station. It will only play CBSN. How can I change it?
0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes