JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can Q80A Range Record to USB Device?

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 04:05 PM)
usernBFORnnA3i
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm confused about whether or not my new Q80A 4K TV can record to a USB disk , USB/SD card or USB thumb drive.

Some websites suggest yes, but I can't see a record button on the remote.  Before I go ahead and buy a suitable drive, can someone please tell me if it can record from, say, Freeview Play and if so, how to do it.

I'm also interested in what format the recordings are made in and if I can access then in H264, MP4 or a simliar format.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Good afternoon, I will be happy to assist you. The record function on the Q80A is, unfortunately, not available in the US or Canada.

0 Likes
usernBFORnnA3i
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks Lou.  Fortunately, I'm in the UK.   Does it work here?

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Regrettably, While devices are mostly identical, there are variances that can make devices unique to the Country of origin. Features on all our devices can vary by region. We apologize and do not want to mislead or provide false information and encourage you to please contact Samsung in your region for more information from this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes