JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't exit Samsung TV Plus!

(Topic created: 11-12-2020 11:35 AM)
userdLT9nw2UPg
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recently received my 2020 The Frame 50". I enjoy watching the VEVO channels while working. However, the TV always launches Samsung TV Plus when I exit others apss or turn the TV on. 

When I am in the Samsung TV Plus app and press the back button, it goes back to the last channel watched and is stuck on this endless loop. Unlike my 2019 The Frame 65", when I press the back button, a window appears asking me if I want to exit. 

How can I exit the Samsung TV Plus appRemoteRemote

2020 The Frame result of pressing back button on remote (it goes back to prior channel)2020 The Frame result of pressing back button on remote (it goes back to prior channel)

2019 The Frame result of pressing back button on remote (window with exit appears)2019 The Frame result of pressing back button on remote (window with exit appears)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Try pressing on the home button on the remote, then arrow over to the Samsung TV app icon, then pressed the down direction, which should give you "remove" and "disable" options.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

7 Replies
EDG543
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Try the Exit Button
0 Likes
userdLT9nw2UPg
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

There is no Exit button either on the remote or guide/app. Normally, I would press the back button on the remote and a window would appear on the TV with the Exit button. However, as mentioned, all that happens with this TV when I press back is it goes back to the previous channel I was watching. 

The remove I have is the small, slim ones with a wheel and a few buttons. It does not have numbers or anything of that sort. 

Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Try pressing on the home button on the remote, then arrow over to the Samsung TV app icon, then pressed the down direction, which should give you "remove" and "disable" options.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4YWJikZVLM
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I want to remove samsung tv plus as well. But when I arrow over to tv plus and press down it does not give me the remove option, it takes me to a menu of free movies and tv.  I have a series 7 50in, 2020 I believe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

While the Samsung TV+ cannot be removed from the television, if you highlight the app and select Channel List>Edit Channels, then Delete All Channels, it will remove the app from your home menu.

userGGp4CJuPPL
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is not working. This is not the way to EXIT the app, to stop watching it. This problem is NOT solved Samsung! And should not be labeled as solved.

userhtfya1Q04M
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have this same issue. I am not able to navigate out of TV plus. When I press the home button nothing shows up I can’t do anything but turn the TV on and off.