JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Art Mode not allowing new uploads

(Topic created: 12-04-2020 08:31 PM)
userp8Lzf0uXlz
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recently bought a The Frame 55. While the SmartThings app works fine to control the TV, I am unable to upload photos in Art Mode. The option is greyed out and I get an error message: "to use this function turn on the frame and make sure it is on the same network" or something to that effect. SmartView doesn't even see my TV.

I have try removing the TV from SmartThings and trying again, restarting the TV, changing WiFi networks, nothing works. I understand others have the same problem but I have yet to find a fix that works for me. It would be great if Samsung could provide a solution. Latest model Frame, with up to date firmware and using an iPhone. Thanks.

48 Replies
usergl4j4XJhxC
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem here. Samsung support is terrible - all they do is try to waste your time until you give up. Never gonna buy a Samsung TV again.

kwyclig
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
I just bought the Samsung frame tv and I'm having the same problem. I'm able to start uploading pictures and then when I press save, it said fail. I hope someone can help resolve this issue or I will have to return the TV as I bought it to use it as a pictures frame
usertIq971eEgz
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
just got mine yesterday and have the same issue. reset hub, and TV, controls are all there but cannot add photos or control art mode. I can even watch the TV on my phone but no art mode. Would think the TV mirror would be more complex than art mode but go figure. not sure why this hasn't been addressed when the upgrade to smart things was made
userNGUQYJmpWX
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I FIXED IT!

I had the same issue. I read on reddit that you had to turn on the location service both in "Settings->Privacy" and in the app itself under "Menu-> Settings-> Get your location from this iPhone". Then quit the app and start it up again. This worked for me and the Art Mode came back instantly.

I think it is fair to say, that I wouldnt expect Samsung to have access to my current location in order for a functionality to work as it was intended for on a $2,000 TV. I am uploading personal pictures to my TV, in my private house. Why does Samsung need my location for that functionality to work? 

EDIT!:
Apparently after an update on the smartthings app less than 1 month later, the photo function has dissapeared. I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING, even restarting the Smart Hub.
I AM DONE WITH SAMSUNG AND THEIR TERRIBLE SUPPORT!

userwitDH0lHgb
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsung Support in Norway (Skandinavia? With a Swedish technician) solved the same problem for me!!! Location settings was on. Just baugt the tv, because of this key feature.

The problem is solved by:

Resetting the "Smart Hub"

After the reset, turn tv off and unplug the power for five to ten minutes (unknown why?).
Note that this will reset all apps. I manage to log in to all my apps within 10min or so?! The problem is solved and I can now upload images via the SmartThings app ~ worth it!

49133433-5A4F-4448-9D07-DE3E43E7ED73.jpeg

userqHiLtDD0Hp
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

This location sharing solution worked for me as well.    

What a stupid bug.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your solution as Samsung "support" is probably the worst I have expereienced in my entire life.

userCEizj2NZU2
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hmmm I am sharing location on my phone and also have reset the smart hub but no luck on having them show up on the same network for photo uploads. Any other ideas?

userqgE5wSXYbv
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

A managed to "solve" the problem by creating a personal hotspot on my iPhone and logging on to that hotspot with The Frame and another android phone. Then I was able to upload images and more importantly access the Art Mode settings with my android phone. These are only accessible through the app on 2017 Models. This was a pain to figure out but it may be a last resort for some of you. 

I díd reset the hub as well, but I do not think that was relevant to the fix.

0 Likes
userRypeQubqva
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same problem.  It's the buggiest, most finicky software I've EVER used (and I've used a lot).  What is more frustrating is that I get it to work, say, one out of thirty times.  I've also tried everything.  Rebooting, reinstalling the app, ensuring all of my photos are perfectly 16x9, ensuring Bluetooth connection, signing in and signing out, ensuring that everything is on the same wifi network.  Nothing works.  Then, like once per week, it allows me to upload one photo.  Then I immediately try again, and it shuts down.  Super frustrating and the WORST software ever.   What is Samsung going to do about this?