JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Casting from Samsung 65" QN90A Neo QLED

(Topic created: 09-16-2022 06:49 AM)
camsaw
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I'm sure the answer is out there, but I can't seem to find the right search string.  Everything I see about casting relates to casting from a phone/computer/whatever to the TV and I want to do the opposite.  Currently I can see my Samsung 65" QN90A Neo QLED quite nicely from the kitchen, but I want to move the TV to a different wall.  I want to be able to display whatever is on the tv on a different screen in the kitchen (both screens active).  I don't have a device for the kitchen yet (was thinking a google smart hub monitor or something like that).  Is this possible, and if so, what are your suggestions for the second screen etc?

6 Replies
Solution
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Smart Home Support
We use SmartThings app to cast our Frame to our S21u and s22u when in the kitchen cooking ... though it's not that important to watch TV while cooking 🙂

SmartThing ... tap TV ... tap menu icon upper right .. see screenshot

You can cast to other devices
.Screenshot_20220915-111559_SmartThings_23625_1663258611.jpg
tomsframe
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support

That is pretty cool. It says "on Phone". Do you know if it works also with a Samsung Tablet?

Of course, it does NOT work with my iPhone... 

0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Smart Home Support
Maybe install SmartThings and give it a try ...
0 Likes
tomsframe
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support

I do not HAVE a Samsung Tablet but might get one if that feature works!

0 Likes
camsaw
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Thanks.  When you send it to your other device, does it still play on the tv?  When I cast stuff from my computer to the tv, it stops showing on my computer, which is my concern.  My other question is, will it cast to a google device?  I dont' yet have something to cast it to...want to make sure it will work before I buy something.

0 Likes
CoachJonno
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Works on any current android based Samsung galaxy device from my experience.