Original topic:

Cloud bleeding (screen) - Q70 tv

(Topic created: 02-16-2022 04:53 PM)
useriz1whElQgp
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This does not seem normal for a new tv (right side is most affected)

Samsung tech believes that this is to be expected on new TVs for this model.

any picture settings that can help since this does not look normal and I can’t even enjoy movies that have more dark scenes.

21F3A9F3-964F-4721-B752-878C34FDE059.jpeg

3A5D168C-1A02-48A1-BA03-887A9768343A.jpeg

4A48FAB7-DB97-4B9B-8ABB-629F85095F3C.jpeg

17 Replies
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame
I have a Qled actually two of them and they are not doing that.
0 Likes
useriz1whElQgp
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Was it the 85Q70A Model?
The Samsung technician check the TV and ended up with the outcome that the clouding is normal for this TV model. I do not think this is normal, could barely watch Eternals since every dark scene will make me more mad than actually enjoy the new TV

I would assume that if this is within the TV model spec per their technician, would be good for community to be aware.

If you do have this model, is there any specific picture settings you use?
I tried standard, movie, natural and dynamic 

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame
I have the 50 inch. It is not showing any light portions. Nothing like what you are seeing. Go in the expert settings and try adjusting brightness and contrast to your liking. I think there is some auto contrast modes too.
0 Likes
useriz1whElQgp
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks - reduced both brightness and contrast which helped a little but of course now the TV looks very dark haha (reduced it by half so i can at least see less of the cloudy bleeding), what is the number you have it on
I used movie picture display and reduced it by half (from 50 which was previous one... to 25)

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame
Will tell you in a minute into a 2 day download of Windows. If i do anything else it will crawl to 5 days. Don't have the patience for it. Glad the adjustments worked out. I usually keep mine on natural. There is slso a autocontrast feature in that menu.
0 Likes
useriz1whElQgp
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you, will continue to check on settings. I'm just very surprised that Samsung Technician considers the pictures normal.

I don't think is normal and hopefully setting change will be sufficient for me to enjoy or if not, I guess I have to look for another TV or brand.

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame
Almost forgot, there is an auto dimming feature in the menu. It may be on or off by default. It will automatically adjust your screen to your lighting. Which great affects the clarity and blackness of the blacks. I have very large windows but the TV is between them. So no reflective glare. The screen is gorgeous. I notice at night because i use lightstrips abd led lights thr screen adjust automatically. Deepens the contrast and brightness. Check your light sources and TV placement. It plays exceptionally well in bright or led lighting. Just some tips.
0 Likes
useriz1whElQgp
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Unfortunately, none of the picture setting changes fixed the issue (I can still see the cloudiness on the right side - even when brightness is decrease to the point the overall picture looks dark)

Samsung support is not helpful at all since they consider this a standard quality of the TV model, which is sad. 

I'm still working with their support but seems that there is going to be very little resolution.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yup you have a bad clouding issue. If you just got it I'd return it.
0 Likes