Original topic:

Dead pixel on new QN95

(Topic created: 02-18-2022 04:20 AM)
user1jjZmD5R5m
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi!

I bought a new 75 inch QN95 and quickly found three dead (black) pixels. Annoying as. Called Samsung and they were not very helpful. They said that this is normal and not covered under warranty. They will send a technician, but they will charge me if he agrees. I asked them if this is a normal issue with these tv's, but they seemed hesitant to give me any proper answer. Are any of you experiencing similar issues on the QLED-tv's? They are expensive, so I am a bit frustrated. I also switched out a Sony, for picture quality reasons, but no dead pixels, for this one 😞

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
If I remember correctly I believe the Samsung policy on dead/stuck pixels is 10. Meaning there must be 10 for them to consider the TV defective even under warranty.

Many retailers offer their own pixel policy which may be better than Samsung's. If you just bought it check the policy of the place you bought it and return it if you still can.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
If I remember correctly I believe the Samsung policy on dead/stuck pixels is 10. Meaning there must be 10 for them to consider the TV defective even under warranty.

Many retailers offer their own pixel policy which may be better than Samsung's. If you just bought it check the policy of the place you bought it and return it if you still can.
user1jjZmD5R5m
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I was able to return the tv and received a replacement from the retailer. That one had black and grey splotches all over the screen. Horrible. Returned and bought an OLED. The quality control on Samsung LED-tv's is not good enough. Hopefully their OLED-tv's will be better. I normally like Samsung products, but this experience has changed that. Customer experience from . My advice is to stay away for now. 

0 Likes