JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Disabling automatic Logitech webcam Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) / auto-framing when using Google Duo

(Topic created: 02-02-2022 12:03 PM)
cobz
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi

I'm a new owner of Samsung The Frame TV . I was very happy to see it capable of videoconferencing using built-in Google Duo app using range of supported Logitech webcams. I've bought Logitech C930e webcam and the setup works fine for our family calls.

The only issue is that by default the video is automatically zoomed/panned/cropped during the calls in software, apparently trying to track all people in front of the camera. This is normally a great thing, but very annoying for the other participants, when the camera "moves" all the time trying to catch up with children running around.

Is this controlled on the Samsung TV side, in Google Duo app or in Logitech camera? Any clue how this could be disabled?

I failed in my Google research of this topic, so any help appreciated.

cheers

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Good afternoon. I will be happy to assist you. The Auto-Tracking feature on the Logitech camera is controlled by a downloadable software. I recommend reaching out to Logitech to ask if there is a version for the TV, or an extension for Google Duo.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Good afternoon. I will be happy to assist you. The Auto-Tracking feature on the Logitech camera is controlled by a downloadable software. I recommend reaching out to Logitech to ask if there is a version for the TV, or an extension for Google Duo.

0 Likes
cobz
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you. I think it's on Google Duo side. I found the relevant setting in the Android Duo app, where you can toggle "auto-framing" on and off. There is no such setting on the TV Duo app.  I'll try my luck with Google.

#auto-framing

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
Just for future reference it's PTZ.
0 Likes