Original topic:

Dreaded horizontal line in 18 month old QN85Q70RAFXZA

(Topic created: 09-05-2021 04:48 PM)
usertBoVU22egM
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

My QN85Q70RAFXZA just started showing a horizontal line 3" from the top of the screen.  This TV has barely been used since it is in a media room and isn't the primary set.  Plus, the TV is only 18 months old.  I assume this will need a new panel.  I just checked samsung parts online and the panel is no longer available!!!  Are you serious?  Is my 18 month old $3,000 TV non-repairable?  Even if the part can be found, the panel is showing a cost of ~$2,000.  Are you serious?

0 Likes
3 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, I apologize for the frustrations with this issue with the television. Do the lines appear during a picture test? If the part is not available for purchase from our parts department J&J international at 1-800-627-4368 directly which is what we recommend, I would suggest trying to obtain the part from a 3rd party vendor for example: Amazon or eBay. You can follow these steps to perform a picture test here: 

1. Open Settings, and select Support.

2. Select Device Care, and then select Self Diagnosis.

Note: On some models, select Support and then select Self Diagnosis.

3. Select Start Picture Test. Look at the screen for any problems, and use the on-screen instructions to complete the picture test.

Regrettably, if the lines are still present service is the next recommended step and you can send your full serial number here: https://bit.ly/3lVQyQ2 for any service options review available. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usertBoVU22egM
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi, yes, the line is present on a picture test and with all sources.  I put in a request for service and was told I needed to have two techs come out for $250 minimum.  I told the scheduler that it was likely a panel and she indicated the install would cost $350 plus the panel cost.  I asked for a cost of the panel and the scheduler said someone else would call back with that info.  It is now two days later and still no call.  Samsung online shows the panel is $2000 with a potential credit of $500 if the core is returned.  Also, the panel is currently out of stock.  I hope Samsung will offer this part cheaper since one should not be profiting on a defective 18 month old product.  Let's summarize.  I paid $2,800 for this TV in Jan 2020.  Warranty expired in Feb 2021.  Panel became defective in Aug. 2021.  My only current solution is to pay Samsung another $1,850 minimum for a TV that has no warranty ongoing? How can you help rectify this situation?  Thanks. 

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email via private message.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes