Original topic:

E arc update q90r !

(Topic created: 01-13-2021 11:36 AM)
userT13aCNPnNs
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Still no eArc update on Samsung q90r & 80r.

This was promised by the Samsung md and he is on youtube (hdtv Vincent teo) almost 2 years ago saying it's getting the update.

Samsung silence speaks volumes! 

We need someone who's tech savvy to start the ball rolling. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
33 Replies
uservwbmhQG35L
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

90r needs hardware upgrade will not upgrade toe arc with a software upgrade

0 Likes
Members_Lza3Y6z
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

What is your source for this statement that a hardware upgrade is required for 90r tvs?

userauOXSINztG
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Unfortunately i don't have a source but will keep looking. Was definitely told by sales rep and read online that there was a requirement for an upgrade to the one-connect box to get full HDMI 2.1 features including e-ARC. I research to the nth degree before making big purchases and after dropping 6000$ on a TV i expect what i was sold.

Samsung really have a bad reputation for supporting their existing user base and focus on new sales.

I doubt many of the people complaining of these issues would have much issue dropping some extra $$ to upgrade their one-connect but Samsung in all their wisdom have locked one-connect to the model they ship with.

I definitely dont class this one as solved either - but as usual doubt samsung will take the time to acknowledge either way.

0 Likes
usercyKuRwITLz
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

What a bad service from Samsung, i always liked Samsung, bought everything from them but my Q90 will be the last thing i bought from them.   Very bad points to Samsung.  Bought Fury Arcana in the mean time and got eArc now.  Shame on you, Samsung.

0 Likes