JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Frame TV Poor Quality Control

(Topic created: 08-27-2023 03:52 PM)
GoHokies
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just installed my 2023 85" Frame TV and I am very disappointed with Samsung's quality control on the Frame.  The TV has a very prominent dirty screen effect and a vertical line in the middle which is noticeable on bright scenes.

I have two other much less expensive Samsung TVs that do not have this issue, nor do my LG or Sony TVs.

I contacted the retailer and hopefully this can be resolved quickly.

I love the idea of the Frame displaying art when not in use, but I'm second guessing my purchase already.

IMG_5609.jpeg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your TV having this issue. If this is occurring on all sources then this will require service. If you just recently purchased the TV then I would recommend getting an exchange.  For service and in-warranty please feel free to reach out to us in a private message with your full model and serial number. If you are out of warranty you can use the link below. Or if you prefer please call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame
Those appear to me to be dead pixels. I do hope it's still under a manufacturer's warranty as this appears to be a defect, if brand new.
0 Likes
GoHokies
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks.  It is brand new; it was delivered this week by freight and I mounted it yesterday.  The pallet and box are still in the garage.

I don't know how the panels are made, but it seems like the left zone and right zone have different peek brightness.

I'm surprised this wasn't caught at the factory (assuming they test each TV).

I've never had a TV with defects before.

KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame
Could've had a bad bump during shipping. It happens.
0 Likes
GoHokies
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I don't know of this one or multiple issues but you can see the disparity in light output with very dark content.  All house lights are off in this picture.

I tried.running and all black screen test, but the TV appears to turn off the back panel completely when I do.  This is a video capture transitioning to Art Mode.

IMG_5623.jpeg

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your TV having this issue. If this is occurring on all sources then this will require service. If you just recently purchased the TV then I would recommend getting an exchange.  For service and in-warranty please feel free to reach out to us in a private message with your full model and serial number. If you are out of warranty you can use the link below. Or if you prefer please call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes