JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Frame TV Sound Quality

(Topic created: 03-13-2023 07:03 AM)
CamaroMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi... Thinking we might get a "Frame" model Sammy for our living room to put above the mantel. Before making the plunge, I was curious about the audio quality you owners are experiencing with a TV that is mounted right up against the wall? Are there edge mounted speakers, or are you using a sound bar? I have 37" from the top of the mantel to the ceiling, so if a sound bar is needed I would have to select a size that fits with some air space around it to make it look right. I always see pictures of the set mounted alone, and a sound bar might look weird under a "Frame" style TV. If you have pix of your setup, please post them. If you use a bluetooth speaker system, can you control volume with the Samsung remote?

4 Replies
JohnTechTips
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame
Soundbars are known to break easily. I would try a Sony sound system that has one of the thicker setups.
0 Likes
Solution
tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

The Frame TVs have edge-mounted speakers, and depending on your room size and program interests I'd say you're unlikely to be happy with that alone. So you will want to think in terms of a soundbar and subwoofer and the Samsungs are the first to look at. Also, with a Samsung (and your TV-compatible) soundbar you will most assuredly be able to control the sound from your Frame TV remote.

As for aesthetics you are on your own. Just make sure your mantel depth will accommodate your soundbar, and don't forget the Frame has a OneConnect box that will have to be placed somewhere nearby.

CamaroMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Tom-Thank You for the advice. Fortunately the mantel is deep enough to easily rest a sounder on it, but I really don't like the aesthetics of most sound bars. The mantel is 7" deep, 75-1/4" wide and from the mantel to the crown molding its 39". I was thinking a 55" Frame TV would be nice in that spot, and I could give it a try without a sound bar but still have enough space to add one if I go that route. Its a good price break too. I haven't been able to see one in person yet, so I don't know what the connections are back there. Can I just power it up in the back and skip the OneConnect box if I rely on wifi streaming? And the room is 12' X 28' but the only seating is directly across from the fireplace.-Mike

0 Likes
mtruman42
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

As far as connections on the back of the TV, there is just one connector for the cable to the OneConnect box. Power goes through that connection too, so the OneConnect is a must.

As for the sound, if you're looking for quality good enough for serious movie watching and such, you're going to want a sound bar. The built in speakers aren't bad as TV speakers go, but definitely not great. Going with a Samsung sound bar has the benefit of combining with the internal speakers for (supposedly) overall better sound. I can't testify to that as I have a Sonos sound bar and surrounds that I already had before this TV (and that I love), so the Samsung one wasn't an option for me.

0 Likes