Original topic:

Frame tv burnt wall

(Topic created: 07-30-2022 08:00 AM)
userpigG91vfSx
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

My few months old frame tv burnt my wall and Samsung seems to want nothing to do with it. It’s spanned several months now of me trying to get a response from them for a resolution yet not a single time has anyone gotten back to me after their lame “someone will contact you in 24 to 48 hours” rehearsed line. My wall has burn damage and the tv is unsafe to use as a fire hazard.

I see other people have complained of the same issue and don’t see resolution on their posts either. This is a dangerous problem that deserves to be rectified and seems like it’s headed toward a class action lawsuit because Samsung can’t fathom making things right with their customers until something tragic happens and one of these tvs causes a fire. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I understand how damage like this can be a cause for concern. Please send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of any damage this may have caused. I would like to look into this further for you! 

View solution in context

6 Replies
Ryan-WI
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
What's the model of this tv, just curious
0 Likes
userpigG91vfSx
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

43” 2021 Frame

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
How much space was between the TV and the wall? You can always file a BBB complaint.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I understand how damage like this can be a cause for concern. Please send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of any damage this may have caused. I would like to look into this further for you! 

userpigG91vfSx
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

It was hung by the instructions for the Frame, so nearly as flush to the wall as it gets as far as mounted TVs. You’d think being designed to be hung that way they’d have accounted for the heat a TV gives off.  

Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yeah it should have been a good 4 to 5 inches away from the wall to allow for air flow.
0 Likes