JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Eject USB Drive - QN85BA 65

(Topic created: 05-16-2023 12:18 PM)
0___ACe___0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Regarding my QN85BA, I plugged a USB Drive into the TV (USB 1 HDD port) and it worked great.  I could view the videos that were on it with no problems.  HOWEVER, I can't eject it.  I read the manual, I've browsed the support page, then I Googled it; all tell me to:

1. Navigate to the Sources.

2. Select the USB device.

3. "...then select Tools at the top of the screen." 

4. "Select Disconnect USB Device from the list to safely remove the selected USB device."

THERE IS NO "Tools" BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN OR ANYWHERE ELSE THAT I CAN FIND.  Help!

2 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
As long as you're not actively using the drive at the time you can just unplug it. Like when the TV is off just unplug the USB drive. Having to actually eject the drive before you unplug it is legacy and not really needed anymore. As long as you're not actually using it when you unplug it you should be good.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I think the steps you are seeing are from a New Zealand site unfortunately other countries have different firmware and will have different options available for the TV. As @Diaboyos said you will be fine to turn the TV off and unplug the USB. As for safety ejecting a USB drive as long as you are not actively using it, it will be fine. 

0 Likes